We stayed here over Labor Day weekend and rented through the main reservation system (not through a private owner). We were in a one-bedroom lock-out (essentially a standard hotel room) in the South Hampton tower on the top floor. It had 2 queen beds, a balcony with a partial ocean view, a dorm-size fridge, a microwave and coffee maker and an ample bathroom. Our first impression of the room was the carpet - I have never seen carpet so stained in any hotel room or condo I've ever rented. I realize that these are individually-owned units, but since they are rented through the Embassy Suites, I expected them to meet certain minimum standards for cleanliness. The bathrooms, beds and furniture were clean, but the carpet was very disturbing. In addition to the stains, there was a large wet spot in front of the air conditioner, which was only partially concealed by a makeshift wall panel. We called the front desk and someone was promptly sent up to fix the problem and another person to dry the carpet, but it remained wet throughout our stay. The room also could use more hooks or a line to dry towels.
The Kingston Plantation grounds are very nice. Parking was easy (and free), and check-in is next door to the South Hampton at the Embassy Suites. The South Hampton building has 2 outdoor pools, but the pools at the Embassy Suites and Hilton were larger and had restaurants/bars and roaming servers (purchases can all be charged to the room). The Splash water park was extremely crowded on Saturday, but was nice on Monday. The beach is nice and wide, and 2 chairs and an umbrella can be rented for $30/day or $50/2 days from the lifeguard (unaffiliated with the hotel). Wifi is $10/day.
- Also Known As:
- Kingston Plantation Condos Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Kingston Plantation Condos Hotel
- Hilton Myrtle Beach
- Myrtle Beach Kingston Plantation
- Hilton Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Kingston Plantation Myrtle Beach Sc
- Kingston Myrtle Beach
- Kingston Plantation
- Kingston Plantation Myrtle Beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kingston Plantation Condos by Hilton are privately owned condos managed by Hilton and are located in north Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, on the Grand Strand. Nestled on 145 lush acres along a mile-long stretch of Myrtle Beach, our condo rentals and vacation villas are close to area attractions, dining and recreation. Choose a spacious vacation condominium, lodge or villa with all the amenities you need, managed by the brand that you trust. Condo options range from large guest rooms in beachfront towers to four-bedroom villas, many with full kitchens and washer/dryers. Kingston Resort amenities available to those who book through Hilton include nine pools, a Sport and Health Club, and Splash Waterpark. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Kingston Plantation Condos reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.