We, (my husband, 2 kids, and myself) stayed at Bay View last week, from Monday thru Friday. I will start with the good things. We stayed in an Ocean View Suite on the 17th floor. The room itself was clean, although the furnishings were kind of worn. The room had 2 seperate balconies, and the views from both were amazing. One had an awesome ocean view, and the other wrapped around the corner of the buiding and faced the city to the west and north. We had great views of the boardwalk, the skywheel, and the slingshot. The kitchen was great, it had a granite counter, a full size refridgerator, full size oven/stove, and full size dishwasher. All were in great condition, very clean, and worked wonderfully. The unit also had a washer/dryer, which we put to good use !! Loved having that. Also loved that the washer/dryer had its own little area with a door, so we could cut down on the noise while using them. We also loved the layout of the unit, there was a seperate eating area, the kitchen, a seperate bedroom with 2 double beds, and a small living room with a pull out sofa and a chair, and the bathroom. The unit had 2 tv's, which was great. The hotel is in between 2 piers, the 2nd and 14th, and is directly on the boardwalk. It is the only large hotel in an area of smaller motels. The beach area was not very crowded, even during the day, whereas we could look further up the beach (past the 14th ave pier) and see the crowd. We also loved being able to walk on the boardwalk... north, into the area with all of the attractions, such as the Skywheel, Ripleys, and tons of places to eat, and south, to the 2nd Ave Pier. We actually were able to walk south to the Family Kingdom Amusement park ... the boardwalk doesn't go quite that far, but we just crossed through a parking lot, and got on the sidewalk and went the rest of the way . Another positive, was that during the summer months there are activities every night in the boardwalk area, and on Wednesday nights there are fireworks off of the 2nd Ave. Pier. We took our chairs down on the beach and watched the fireworks, and it was gorgeous. That definitely was a highlight of our trip.
Now for the not so good... first and foremost was the pool area. It was small, hot, and crowded, 3 things a pool area should never be !! Everything is indoors, there is NO outdoor pool, at all. There is an outdoor "splash deck", but no pool. The indoor pool area has a very small lazy river, a small pool, a small 1 ft. baby pool, and a hot tub. Another problem was the elevators .. they are extremely slow and they are hot. The do have small oscillating fans mounted in them, which do help some, but they are still very stuffy, especially when they are crowded. A few more minor issues, but worth mentioning ... the pillows are horrible, you might as well be sleeping on nothing. We actually went to Walmart and bought pillows for everyone, and as we were carrying them back into the hotel and waiting on the elevator, other patrons were commenting tell us what a great idea because their pillows were awful. The mattress on the pull out sofa was in bad shape. My 17 yr old slept on it, and we had to request an extra blanket, which he folded up and layed on top of to keep the springs from poking through the sheets. He still woke up with imprints from the springs on his sides. The furniture on the balconies was the cheap white plastic flimsy chairs, and one small table. The parking lot is across the street, and you have to walk through the parking lot of another "not so nice" motel to get to it, but we did not have any problems with that. Although the parking deck was very secure, I would not have wanted to walk to it alone.
One last thing, the loading/unloading area in front of the hotel is very small, but there are attendants out there directing traffic and keeping everything moving smoothly. The housekeeping ladies were also super nice and friendly, and very good at their jobs !! All in all we had a pretty good stay, and we would probably stay at Bay View again, but probably without the kids, and maybe in the off season when the pool area isn't such an issue.
- Also Known As:
- Bay View On The Boardwalk Hotel
- Bay View On The Boardwalk Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Myrtle Beach
- Bayview Resort Myrtle Beach
- Bay View Hotel
- Bay View Resort Myrtle Beach
- Bayview Resort Myrtle Beach Sc
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The smoke-free Bay View Resort is located on the NEW oceanfront boardwalk promenade. Bay View features an array of water amenities from an indoor lazy river, pool, spa tub to a children's pool as well as an oceanfront splashdeck. Guests love starting their day with fresh brewed coffee and pastries from the on-site Starbucks. Guests take advantage of the preferred pricing offered by area attractions and golf courses. Accommodations - Select from a variety of 1, 2 or 3 bedroom condos featuring large, private balconies with either sunrise or sunset views. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Priceline, BookIt.com, MyrtleBeachHotels, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Bay View on the Boardwalk reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.