I'm not one to post bad reviews or reviews for that matter at all, but I was treated so poorly by the Value Place in Johnson City, Tennessee, that I will never recommend this place to anyone.
Not only was my reservation lost, causing me to spend a night in my truck because no other hotel was available. When I returned the next day my room was still not ready @ 2pm.
That should have been a hint at what was to come. I had the worst night sleep on a bed that was harder that the floor. While the build is kept very clean, the rooms lacks a closet or even enough drawers for 2 people to store their clothes. The full fridge and range are a nice feature, but an oven would have been easier to cook with.
When I tried to get internet access, I was told there was no wireless internet access, only wired and that was an extra $10 (no value there). When I stated I could only use wireless internet, I was told by the front desk to steal it from the hotel next store . Not something you hear everyday.
My biggest problem with the place was that I was evicted on my second day, for having a dog. This was why I choose Value Place in the first place. When I called and made my reservation, I asked if dogs were accepted at the hotel. I was told yes. I made mention of the dog again, when I checking in to the hotel.
On day 2 of my stay I was spotted with my dog entering the hotel, and told to leave. When I asked for my money back I was told that was not the policy.
Personally I didn't mind leaving the hotel, as it was not a comfortable stay at all, but I didn't think it was fair to kick me out and not refund my money. I would have gladly paid for the night I stayed, however I have now paid for many days that someone else will be staying there.
I cannot vouch for other locations, but this one was litter with problems. What I find funny is all the people that were outside drinking and doing drugs in the parking lot did not get evicted. Where is the justice in that?
If you feel like living in a college dorm for a week or two, Johnson City Value Place will be right up your alley. But better leave the pets at home.
- Also Known As:
- Value Place Johnson City Hotel
- Value Place Johnson City Hotel Johnson City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A truly affordable weekly rate and an astonishingly clean room with a full kitchen. All in a more secure environment than you’ll find at any other extended stay hotel or motel. How can we make this promise to our guests? By keeping things simple. And because we’re flexible to your needs, you won’t find extras padded into our pricing. Instead, you get to pick and choose from the optional add-ons we offer. At Value Place, you get all the convenience of a hotel and all the essentials of a fully furnished apartment—every time. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity and Expedia so you can book your Value Place Johnson City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.