My husband and I were looking for a lovely place for a romantic weekend away, our first since having our second child and we struck gold!
We were blown away by our beautiful room, which was spotless and had a few of the loch to die for.
The food, cooked by the amazing Gary Goldie was out of this world, I tried things I have never eaten before and would happily have again! The meal lasted all evening, with 7 sumptuous courses of delightful and delicious dishes it was no surprise he was awarded Scotlands chef of the year last year!
The staff were lovely, very helpful and friendly, they could not have done more to make us feel welcomed and looked after.
The grounds are beautiful and the walk around the loch shore was stunning, even though the weather wasn't great, when it finially drove us back indoors we enjoyed a fine tea, complete with scones and cake in the wonderful grand drawing room with more splendid views and comfy chairs.
It's a long way to go, but well worth the effort, it was just what we needed, a relaxing and romantic weekend, a lovely treat, one I hope to repeat soon!
- Also Known As:
- Ardanaiseig Hotel Kilchrenan
- Ardanaiseig Hotel Taynuilt, Scotland
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a quiet place of undisturbed tranquility and almost surreal natural beauty, where the slopes of Ben Cruachan fall into the clear waters of loch Awe, lies a deeply romantic and luxurious old country house called Ardanaiseig. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Olotels, Agoda and Otel so you can book your Ardanaiseig Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.