This was our second visit to The Towers - I didn't review it the first time but would have given it 3 stars. This time it gets 4 - actually four-and-a-half.
Check-in was friendly and efficient with no waiting whatsoever - we arrived mid-afternoon on a Saturday. The room was on the top floor of the main building and we were pretty sure that this was the room we had when we visited a number of years previously. A generously sized room with large sitting area, work space, seperate bed area with Sky TV and a small open air balcony with table and chairs. The bathroom is also big with an excellent shower (one of those with nozzles and sprays everywhere) and bath - the only niggles were the lack of heated towel rail and a strangely designed wash basin which results in more water around the side of the bowl than in it. The furniture was fine though there were marks (hot cup, scratches) on them that could have easily been anticipated and sorted using a surface protector.
The spa area was nice. We decided on having a swim but the pool was too cold for us - and if I remember correctly it was cold the last time. Though I have to be honest and say that I'm always 'last one in'! However the jacuzzi was good and we relaxed for a while on the sun loungers around the pool.
We had drinks and a meal that evening. Service was first class despite the restaurant being full (eventually). The food was plentiful, tasty and pretty good value. A thoroughly excellent experience.
Breakfast the next day was also excellent with a good choice of drinks, plenty of fresh toast brought to the table, cereals and a really wonderful (help yourself) cooked selection - which I have found in other hotels to be below par, but here it was really fresh and well stocked.
We thoroughly enjoyed our break here and will be back.
- Also Known As:
- The Towers Hotel
- The Towers Hotel Jersey Marine
- The Towers Hotel And Spa
- The Towers Hotel & Spa Jersey Marine, Wales
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Towers Hotel & Spa is an independant hotel situated only 30 minutes from the beautiful Gower, yet being sited only minutes off the M4. The hotel boasts 70 bedrooms, with full leisure facilities including an indoor pool, sauna, steam room and gym and ample free car parking. The on-site A-la-carte restaurant is open seven days a week serving local Welsh Fayre. All bedrooms are equipped with Sky TV, air-conditioning and guests get to enjoy full use of the leisure facilities. The hotel has two bar areas, with the Penderyn Bar being a residents lounge where you can enjoy a drink or light snacks in the evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Hotels.com so you can book your The Towers Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.