This hotel suited our needs as we are not too bothered about tired and outdated decor, something that seems to really matter to some people. What is more important is the size, service and quality of basic amenities.
We stayed three nights and unfortunately one of the nights' sleep was ruined by a function in the bar below that did not finish until 1.00 am. As the hotel was nowhere near full it would have been sensible to either mention it or put us in one of the rooms towards the back of the building, well away from the bar area. It was so noisy that at one stage we could actually hear the words that were being used (shouted).
The receptionist was very apologetic, however, so hopefully this may not happen again (but I would still enquire about functions when checking in !).
Overall an enjoyable stay, with a decent breakfast and good value evening meal. Also, a nice convenient location. The nearby dual carriageway A5 and railway line was not a noise problem and should not put anyone off.
- Also Known As:
- Gwesty Carreg Mon Llanfairpwll
- Gwesty Carreg Bran Hotel Llanfairpwll, Island Of Anglesey
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In a country setting, yet with easy access from the A55 Expressway, the Gwesty Carreg Bran Hotel nestles in 3 acres of garden a not much more than a stones throw away from the Menai Straits. We offer the highest standards of service, hospitality and cuisine. Our staff will be delighted to put at your disposal their experience and expertise to help you enjoy your stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Gwesty Carreg Bran Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.