We've stayed at this Sleep Inn before and thought it was "okay" as reflected in an earlier review. However this most recent trip saw some problems and issues that make it doubtful we will be back.
Most seriously, our door -- for room 302 -- would not lock on a consistent basis as we were leaving the room. At one point in our stay we just had to leave it unsecured. Fortunately we had nothing but casual clothes in the room, and nothing was bothered. We reported this to the fellow at the front desk who assured us the maintenance man would look at it when he got in. As we were going to be away for the day, we left our phone number and asked that we be called if it proved not possible to fix the lock so that we could arrange to change rooms. Well, we never received a call, and when we went back to the room it was still unlocked with no evidence that maintenance had made any attempt to fix it (or even look at it). Fortunately, we could lock it from the inside, and as we were only staying one more night, we decided not to pursue the issue any further.
Other things: The toliet tank was slow to fill, and the valves need replacing. I had to "help it along" to flush a couple of times by filling up the ice bucket with water from sink and pouring it in the tank. Also, the shower door is apparently not sealing very well when closed or perhaps is not aligned properly, as there was quite a bit of water on the bathroom floor when either of us finished taking a shower. It's not like we're slobs who don't know how to take a shower without making a mess; we do so all the time at home. And when it came time to check out, there was a long line and backup at the front desk because -- of course -- "the computers are down."
On the positive side, there were cookies in the afternoon and some hot selections for breakfast. And the young people manning the front desk tried to be helpful and have a good atttitude, and I sensed that they were as frustrated about certain issues with their employer as I was with their hotel.
Overall, there just seems to be a lack of concern here about the quality of the property. We chose it because it was priced right and thought we would be okay with a Choice brand hotel. Next time we're in the area, we'll have to explore other options.
- Also Known As:
- Sleep Inn Nashville Airport Hotel Nashville
- Sleep Inn Nashville Airport Hotel
- Sleep Inn Nashville
- Nashville Sleep Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sleep Inn Nashville Airport 3 story interior corridor Design to Dream Hotel conveniently located on I-40, Stewart’s Ferry Pike Exit-219, is just the place you want to stay. We are located just three miles from the Nashville Int'l Airport and 10 minute to downtown and all major attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Travelocity, Olotels, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Sleep Inn Nashville Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.