I was surprised that this was a Hilton property--the rooms were a bit rundown and had some problems. There was no covering over the overhead light in the bathroom. There was no fan in the bathroom, so it would get very stuffy after someone took a shower. The shower/tub had mildew stains in the corners. When we turned the heat on, the smoke detector went off, so we had to turn it off. The carpet was frayed. There were initially no washcloths in our room, and the front desk didn't have any (although cleaning service did provide some after they cleaned the room the next day). The rooms and hallways smelled musty and stale. There were rat poison traps stacked up outside the side entrance to the hotel. Yuck. The "business center," if you can call it that, was less than adequate. No pens/paper were provided and the computer (there was only one) was VERY slow. Oddly, they did provide an atlas and a typewriter.
On the plus side, the breakfast in the morning was quite adequate and the lobby was kept very clean. The curtains in the rooms really kept the room dark, which was also nice.
I will probably not stay here again, as there are definitely better properties for the money.
- Also Known As:
- Homewood Suites Dallas-Market Hotel Dallas
- Homewood Suites Dallas-Market Hotel
- Homewood Suites Dallas
- Homewood Dallas
- Dallas Homewood Suites
- Dallas Homewood
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Homewood Suites by Hilton® Dallas Market Center hotel is designed to make both business and leisure travelers feel at home. Our all-suite Dallas hotel is conveniently located just two miles from downtown Dallas and minutes from UT Southwestern Medical Center.We offer perfect accommodations for short, corporate or extended stay travelers. Our Market Center hotel features spacious suites with all the comforts of home and a large range of excellent amenities including a fully equipped kitchen with full-size refrigerator, coffee-maker, microwave, and dishwasher, separate living and sleeping areas, flat screen televisions, iron and ironing boards, swimming pool and whirlpool, fitness center, business center, available meeting rooms, complimentary high-speed Internet access, complementary parking, hotel shuttle service Monday-Friday: 7:00AM to 8:00 PM and Saturday & Sunday: 10:00AM to 6:00PM. Enjoy a complimentary hot breakfast every morning, and an evening manager's reception with a complimentary light meal and beverages every Monday through Thursday evening. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Homewood Suites Dallas-Market Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.