My husband and I had a 5:59 a.m. flight out of IAH, and since we live at least an hour away and we were on vacation, we decided to "treat" ourselves to a hotel stay that would allow us to get a little bit more sleep than if we had be driving to the airport from home.
We ultimately chose this location because we got a great rate and it is one of the few hotels in the area that has an airport shuttle service that leaves starting at 4:30 a.m. which would get us to the airport in time for our flight. Before booking the room, I called the location and confirmed that the first shuttle indeed left at 4:30 a.m. for the airport, that parking was free, and that we would be able to park our car there for the four days we would be out of town. I did this twice because I've had too many bad experiences in the past when you get different information depending on who you talk to.
When we walked into the lobby the night of our flight, there was no one in sight a the front desk. Once someone came to help us, he was not particularly welcoming and informed us that there would be a $5/day charge for each day we left our car in the hotel parking lot while we were gone. When I stated that no one had mentioned this to me when I called and that this is not stated on their website, he told me that "no one allows you to leave your car for free" and that if we wanted we could park our car at one of the airport lots instead. The $5/day fee is not what bothers me (although I could get airport parking for cheaper), it's the lack of transparency about the fee prior to arriving at the hotel.
We ended up agreeing to the fee because it was too late to make other arrangements. When we got up to our room, we saw that we were given a corner room that had windows facing out onto the Beltway. Right away, we could hear the traffic noise including motorcycles, emergency vehicle sirens. The room and bathroom were decent for the price we paid. Unfortunately, we didn't get a lot of sleep that night.
The bright points of this stay were the friendly front desk attendant who greeted us in the morning while waiting for the airport shuttle to arrive and the two airport shuttle drivers who took us to and picked us up from the airport. The shuttle arrived right on time and we arrived at the airport in ample time for our flight. It took about 15 minutes for the shuttle to pick us up from the airport which was perfect.
- Also Known As:
- Wingate By Wyndham Bush Intercontinental Airport Hotel
- Wingate By Wyndham Bush Intercontinental Airport Hotel Houston
- Holiday Inn Houston
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Beautifully appointed 60 room property with everything you need for an enjoyable stay in Houston!! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Wingate by Wyndham Bush Intercontinental Airport IAH reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.