Booked direct through Eurogroup booking office in France. Although most of the operators spoke reasonable English it wasn't the easiest things to do. Paperwork is sent by email which I don't consider a problem. But I did have to chase them a couple of times before I received it. Had a problem with the lift passes that you can book through Eurogroup at the same time as your apartment (at a discount). When we tried to present the coupon the lift pass office wouldn't accept. Had to go back to the apartment reception, who in turn claimed the lift pass people had the supporting paperwork. Anyway it got sorted eventually but then the lift pass claimed we had a local lift pass not the full ski area. A lot of this was caused in my opinion by Eurogroups poor documentation.
The apartment building is well situated. There is plenty of free outdoor parking available within a shortwalk of the apartments (100-300m). Two small flights of stairs and a lift takes you down to the ring of shops and restaurants at the heart of the Bruyeres area of Les Menuires. The apartments are ski and ski out for most. Beginners may struggle a little. When skiing out it is a short ski (200m) to the Bruyeres cable car that takes you to the top of the mountain. With a bit of sticking you could get over to ski down to go up the La Masse side of the mountain. For some reason the Bruyeres cable car doesn't open until 9.10. So a queue starts forming from just before 9 and doesn't go away until mid-morning. If they opened at 8.45 there wouldn't be a problem. Go figure. Anyway the Adonis is well placed.
Reception hours are reasonable and booking in and out is fairly smooth and organised. I believe we got a small room upgrade as we were supposed to have a room with one bedroom and one alcove but got two bedrooms.
The apartment was spacious. The combined kitchen, dining and living area lacked furniture and storage. Why one 3 person sofa for a 6 person apartment when you have plenty of room for a second? The bedrooms had plenty of storage. The apartment was cold on arrival with no signs of warmth coming on tap (this was at 6 in the evening). A visit to reception and it turns out they hadn't turned the heating on for our room. A bulb was out, visit to reception.. not enough blankets, a visit to reception. We only have one key (why?), visit to reception to get a second. Fair play to them they always came up with goods quickly and were always pleasant about it.
The swimming pool is only open 4 to 7pm as a rule. I don't think this is particularly unusual for these apartment buildings though, as they are unsupervised, I don't quite see the justification for it. But my biggest complaint is that they lockers and showers are in terrible state. Pool small but OK. We had two pre-schoolers and they of course loved it.
One of the reasons we booked the Adonis is because they have a diddy slope with a moving carpet close to the apartment, and it was our 3yo's first trip. Good for sledging for the little one's also.
Ski lockers are a good size.
Anyway, the Adonis just about justified it's rating. There is a Maeva residence just below it with smaller and slightly cheaper accomodation.
- Also Known As:
- Residence Lvh Vacances Les Chalets De l`Adonis Hotel Les Menuires
- Residence Lvh Vacances Les Chalets De l`Adonis Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Chalets de l'Adonis is located in Bruyeres, just 300m from the centre of Les Menuires resort and its shops. This superb accommodation comprises 61 apartments divided between 2 large 5-floor chalets with lifts. Tastefully decorated, these comfortable apartments all come with fully-equipped kitchens containing a microwave, electric hob, dishwasher, fridge, and also cable TV (for a supplement), a telephone and sunny balcony. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Residence LVH Vacances Les Chalets De L'Adonis reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.