Don't expect a lot of customer service if you stay at this Holiday Inn in Port Arthur. Our reservation said we would have a refrigerator in the room and we needed one to keep things cold that were to be used in our presentation the next day. I called the desk immediately upon entering the room at 2:00 and was told they would bring one right up. We left to set up for our next day's presentation amd stopped for dinner. When we returned at about 5:30 there was no fridge. I called the desk again and was told it was late and there probably wasn't one available. I explained and reminded him I was promised one at 2:00. Never got one. Also, when we checked in with bags and rolling carts, we were told that to get to our room we needed to go outside and walk around to the back of the building and then go up stairs. It turned out we could have walked right down a main hall to an elevator that would have taken us right to our room but we drug all of our stuff outside on an uneven sidewalk in near 100 degree heat. You get a $20 voucher for your breakfast at their restaraunt but plan on giving them lots of time to get your breakfast prepared; we were in the restaraunt at 6:15 and it took them 45 min. to get us a waffle and an order of french toast. They apologized (it wasn't like they were really busy that morning) but that didn't help us get off on time to our workshop. I will admit that the room was clean; bed comfortable; there was a nice large TV; but the headaches for the other problems were too much for a normally nice hotel chain.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central Hotel Port Arthur
- Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central Hotel
- Holiday Inn Port Arthur
- Port Arthur Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central Hotel offers 164 guest rooms consisting of 101 kings and 7 suites, in a courtyard and tower type setting. Additional hotel features include a tropical outdoor swimming pool, large sundeck, gazebo and patio dining. The Holiday Inn is adjacent to Babe Zaharias golf course and 2 blocks from Central Mall. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Venere and Otel so you can book your Holiday Inn Port Arthur-Park Central reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.