I'm glad to see some good reviews posted. When we departed to take advantage of our Groupon deal, there were some mediocre reviews posted and I was nervous about our stay. We had just a few days and I didn't want to have to deal with any kind of stress or disappointment.
I am pleased to report that the stay was just fine. Some very minor gripes, very minor. But the good stuff first - suite was well appointed if not a bit lacking in character. Great kitchen, TWO sleep sofas perfect for the kids we had with us, large bathroom, etc. Very clean except for someone's leftover english muffins in the fridge and a few random hairs here and there. Hair must be the hardest thing ever to get 100% clean. Yes, we saw the stained carpeting in the hallyways but really that is a result of the choice of a light color instead of the smarter move of a highly patterned dark carpeting which hides stains more. The carpet was clean. Next time I'm sure they will make a better choice. The indoor pool was indeed dark looking but we had no intention of using it - the weather was beautiful! Workout room is small, and the gym at the spa atop the hill has no cardio machines which I though was odd as the machines were high quality.
The outdoor pool, Castle and spa are up a short hill from the roadside Pointe. There is really no place to go for a walk on the property due to its highway location. The pool is small but gorgeously landscaped, almost to the point of feeling European. Next to the pool is a greenhouse building that appears to be used for their workout classes. Much more character atop the hill. BTW you really don't want to walk up that hill unless you feel like working up a sweat. Pool was clean, just lovely. A little on the warm side. We peeked in on the restaurant which was quite elegant, but weren't planning to partake as we had college boys with us who prefer quantity over quality. We did fine with our kitchen and picnicking. Dining in the area is disappointing (other than the well-reviewed Castle). Either high end (The Downtown Grocery) in terms of prices, or completely mediocre (OMG the Cool Moose, PLEASE avoid, yuck). It seems the dining in nearby Chester might be better.
Anyway, overall it was a fine place and a fine deal for our trip. Oh, morning coffee in the lobby, better than what those in-room coffeemakers will produce. And, the place was quite full. Good for them for offering deals in slow season. Loved the $25 Vermont Country Store coupon, kitchiest place ever so stick to the Vermont-produced stuff like the cheeses.
- Also Known As:
- The Pointe, a Castle Hill Resort Hotel
- The Pointe, a Castle Hill Resort Hotel Cavendish
- Pointe At Castle Hill Hotel
- Clarion Cavendish
- The Pointe At Castle Hill Resort Cavendish, Vermont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated amidst the natural beauty of the Green Mountains in southern Vermont, and just a short distance from Okemo Mountain, the contemporary and family-friendly The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort and Spa, offers one of Vermont’s most picturesque yet intimate settings for a family vacation, meeting, conference, or ski getaway.With a choice of recently renovated, comfortable and spacious accommodations — rooms with queen or king beds, extra-large family rooms, or family suites — all of our guests at The Pointe Hotel will enjoy the modern conveniences and wide variety of amenities we offer, including flat-screen TV, refrigerator, coffee/tea maker, hair dryer, and bathrooms with complimentary toiletries. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity and Tingo so you can book your The Pointe at Castle Hill Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.