My husband and I were in Stratton Mountain to visit our daughter at her camp. We didn't want to spend a lot of money since we weren't going to spend a lot of time in the room and it was just a quick visit. So we saw these rooms were $79 a night and booked it. But wow! Even a minute is too long to spend in this place. The first thing that greeted us was an overwhelming smell of mold. Ok, I can deal with that. The rest I just have to list
- no toilet paper in the room (had to walk down the street to a neighboring hotel to get some)
- the ice machines were turned off
- there were fresh "stains" on the towels. One looked like it had puss on it.
- filthy walls. Probably haven't been painted for 20+ years.
- the beds come equipped with rubber sheets (like for a baby) -- VERY hot and uncomfortable -- is this to reduce lice and bed bugs??
- spiders and webs in the corners
- the pool couldn't have been serviced in weeks and the "hot tub" (actually tepid) had plastic bags floating in it. Both had inches of sludge at the bottom.
I mean bad, bad, bad. For this weekends visit we're staying at the Inn at Stratton. When we booked, the reservationist literally said "I see last time you stayed at the Liftline. Rest assured you won't be staying there." Enough said.
- Also Known As:
- Liftline Hotel
- Liftline Hotel Stratton Mountain