Used this hotel as our stop-off point en-route to N.C. Very friendly & helpful desk clerk. Check in a breeze, as was checkout. Actual total was about $15 less than the estimated online reservation stated, always a nice surprise. Our room was on the 3rd floor, back side, overlooking the Dan River. Room was quiet & clean. The bathroom ceiling has that 'popcorn' finish & there was a tad bit of mold above shower, but not enough that it would be that noticeable OR dissuade someone from staying here. Breakfast was plentiful, hot & satisfying. Sure beats the standard complimentary continental breakfast fare. Only 2 minor issues ( & I do mean minor). Traveling from RT. 29N, the hotel's website had us traveling RT 29 business for some distance, would recommend using Riverside Dr. Exit off 29. No biggie, really. The other issue was housekeeping knocking on our door first thing to see if we'd checked out. We were still asleep as our next day's destination was only about 4 hrs away & we were in no rush to hit the road. While we didn't hang out the "do not disturb" sign, in our defense who knew they'd come a-knockin' for only a 1 night stay. Shouldn't they check w/ front desk?
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Danville Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express Danville Hotel Danville
- Holiday Inn Danville
- Danville Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Express Danville is built on the scenic Dan River, which meanders through the the City. Danville, established in the 1700's, was famous for tobacco sales, briefly served as the last Capital of the Confederacy and as the home of Dan River Mills, one of the largest textile mills in the South. Historic Downtown Danville is filled with specialty shops. Stop at Bronx Bagel for a New York treat, the Coffee Emporium for lunch and In Good Taste for heavenly chocolate goodies. Then Lou's antiques Rippes Shoes and Dixie Bags (with the bright pink & white awnings) for a special souvenir. Stop by our two murals, the Wreck of Old 97 and Transportation, a visual history of Danville. Piedmont Mall is the place to shop and don't leave town without visiting the Gingerbread House. At the AFF Museum you will see the finest collection of tanks, artillery, weapons, insignia, medals & military memorabilia anywhere in the USA. Holiday Inn Express Danville features spacious, comfortable rooms with Simply Smart linens, lots of soft and firm pillows for your choice of comfort, 100% cotton, fluffy towels, in-room micro-fridge units for a cool drink and delicious snack during a movie. We are also currently working on updating our hotel with a completely new look. Inside and out. We hope to finish within the next couple of months and we can't wait to share it with you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, BookIt.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Danville reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.