This is a lovely hotel, with the advantage of a free shuttle bus into Funcha, which takes about 20 mins.
My husband and I booked for a week but only had 2 nts as had to fly home due to a bereavement. Funchal is a lovely interesting place and this hotel is superb, with lovely staff and food. We must visit again, but be very aware just how steep. The whole of Madeira is very steep even on the coast, and although I was expecting it to be, it was still a surprise as to how steep. It is quite remote unless you climb, but there is also a service bus,but takes half hr into Funchal. Good sized bedrooms and balconys but try to get a high floor room.
- Also Known As:
- Riu Palace Madeira Hotel
- Riu Palace Madeira Canico
- Riu Palace Madeira
- Hotel Riu Palace Madeira Canico
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located opposite the oceanfront promenade of Canico de Baixo. 8-storey building. 10 m to the sea; access to the ocean across a walkway. 13 km from Funchal (complimentary shuttle service from the hotel; weekdays and Saturdays. Not available on public holidays). 2 km from the city centre. 2 km from various shops. 10 km from the airport. 50 m from a bus stop. Credit cards accepted: MasterCard, Amex, Visa, Diners. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Otel, Tingo and HotelsClick so you can book your Hotel Riu Palace Madeira reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.