Stayed here 28th July 2012 for one week. Stayed with my sister in law and her two children aged 8 and 7years.
As a whole we all loved the holiday. Was concerned after reading some reviews but I guess you can’t please everyone.
Yes there is an issue with sun beds but think all hotels are the same.
All staff are fantastic!!! They are all willing to help you when possible.
Food – All you can eat from 8am till midnight, food to please all cultures. There is even burgers, chips and hotdogs made to order 10am till 6pm and a made to order bbq 6pm till 9pm. On top of this there is pizza and pasta 12pm till 12am and your breakfast, lunch, dinner in the buffet restaurant.
Drinks – yes you can get drunk on all-inclusive alcohol lol all you can drink 10am till midnight.
Entertainment – during the day there is hourly activities for younger children, older children and adults. I enjoyed the adult activities and the kids joined some of the younger kid’s activities. The only issue I would say is they SOMETIMES felt they had out grown the activities but were too young for the next age group. (I do realise it can’t be easy to plan for the age difference. Night time entertainment was FANTASTIC!!! Every second night the animation team put on a show Moulin rouge, Horror show (very funny). There was also outside entertainment every other night. A reptile show, singers and dancers.
Outside the hotel – there is the local shops, two minute walk with all you will ever need. There is also two kids “fun fairs” one in the centre and one at the edge. They only open at night around 7 but think that’s a good thing as a bit pricey.
The beach is lovely; you will need to walk down a few steps but nowhere near as bad as some people say.
The beach is big enough and always room to sit or you can higher sun beds.
The only trip we went is was a 4 hour bottomless boat ride; it was good but was disappointed as was told the trip included a stop where we get to feed the fish. We did stop but no feeding of the fish was mentioned just a chance to swim. I think in the whole 4 hours I only saw about 6 fish.
The only down side was the 2.5hour coach journey to the hotel as we were the last ones to get dropped off. It took 1.5 hours to get back to the airport. That was the main reason we didn’t go on any excursions, apart from the expense we could face that coach journey any more than necessary. (Most of the attractions are around the Palma area.
All in all we did enjoy our holiday and yes we would recommend and go back ourselves.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel America Majorca
- America Hotel Calas De Majorca
- Hotel America Mallorca
- Hotel America Calas De Mallorca
- America Calas De Majorca
- Hotel Globales America Majorca/Calas De Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the one of the loveliest areas of Mallorca, Calas de Mallorca, made up of a group of crystal clear coves, the Globales America Hotel offers visitors heavenly views. In this beach hotel enjoy the best value for money accommodation during your holidays, with your family or partner, and its all inclusive offer. Its privileged location in Cala Domingos, its three swimming pools overlooking the sea, surrounded by a large solarium and the chance to enjoy many varied services, grant the Globales America Hotel all the ingredients for truly relaxed holidays. The Globales America Hotel, renovated in 2005, has an entrance hall with four elevators and reception area open 24 hours a day. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Hotel Globales America reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.