We stayed at the Calas Park Hotel for 10 nights in the June Half Term holidays. Our 2 children are 7 and 5 and we had a great time there. Our room was great, it was directly above the pool with sea views (223 i think) A seperate bedroom for the adults and 2 sofabeds for the kids which they loved. We had a small kitchen area with a fridge for your cold drinks, plenty of wardrobes and drawers and a clean bathroom which had towels changed every other day, great! The hotel is situated on a small hillside and spread over 6 blocks, each 3 levels high. The ground floor room have their own steps down to the pool area if you are lucky enough to get one. Our room was right above the pool so you could watch the club reps removing all the towels that had been put down on the sunbeds in the morning and thrown into a big pile at the end of the terrace...brilliant! (No reserving sunbeds here my foreign buddies!) Although not the biggest pools on the island, the hotel isn't that big either so its more than adequate, and with a seperate kiddies pool I can't think of any reason to complain. The views from the Pool are fantastic as the hotel is on a cliff edge( see pictures), there is direct access to the walkway which leads around to the beach or along the cliffs to the other hotels where you can have a quick drink and a nosey at their facilities. There are a lot of steps in the Hotel but a waterfall flows down from the reception and at each level is a pond with frogs in, then at the bottom where the swimming pools are there is deeper pond with 2 tortoises in it! kids loved it.... it might be a pain if you have prams but its not like your climbing a pyramid or anything! I'd say 3 flights of stairs in total from the reception all the way down to the pool so depending what level your on... you may only go down 1 level to the pool or up to the reception/restaraunt. There are 2 bars at this hotel. The main bar which is open from 7pm and is where all the entertainment is and the pool bar which is open from about 10am and has ice cream machines for the kids! Only one bar is open at a time - again because the hotel is only small but if your by the pool sunbathing...the bars open, and in the evening when you've had your tea and you stroll down to watch the entertainment....the bars open! Great. also there is wine and beer on tap in the restaraunt as well so your never far away from a cool drink! The staff are great as well, Victor who works the bars is always smiling and makes you feel very welcome, as does the receptionist who speaks a bit of english (she's from yorkshire!). The food at the calas park is very good. People say that you always get the same thing day after day, however if you think about it, everyday there is pizza, pasta, fish, salad, meat (pork, lamb, beef, sausages - usually a choice of 2), ham and cheese, vegetables etc.... what do you see when you look in your freezer..... you don't have to eat everything everyday. The same at Breakfast, they serve the full english if you want it, or cereal, or fruit, yogurts, toasties....and they will make you any type of egg you want if you ask the cook nicely. Great food and more choice than you need! The restaraunt is pretty much open all day as well. They close for about an hour from 11 - 12 and again from about 3.30 - 5.00. The evening and daytime entertainment is very good . The team work very hard to include all the children and adults and it is a credit to them for trying so hard. Pool and table tennis competitions, killer darts, treasure hunts, rifle shooting, waterpolo, face painting, bingo etc etc, it goes on pretty much all day for adults and children so you can't say theres nothing to do here.... you get at least 2 hours a day to relax around the pool while the kids are playing games ( unless you join in yourself ). Other than that, our transfer took just over an hour to get there and 2 hours to to get back so its pot luck. This is our second holiday to Calas de Mallorca, we love it here. A small town but it has everything you need. 3 beaches, 1 on your doorstep and the other 2 are just a beatiful walk around the coastline away. 2 Minigolf courses, 2 parks with go-karts, bouncy castles, ball pools and a zip wire, horserides, regular buses to Cala D'or and the markets, and plenty of bars and restaurants if you fancy a break from the hotel (the meeting place has live owls and eagles flying round and sky sports news 24hours a day!).
In all a great holiday in a great location. I'm just telling it as it was. I do read lots of reviews and find many people are very critical for no reason other than they probably had a bad holiday because of the weather or lost a case or expected 5 star quality when they paid little more than £1400 for a family of 4 all inclusive in a 3 star hotel in the school holidays!!!. Thats not the hotels fault. If you want the best of everything then go to a first choice family resort and pay twice as much. I booked with Low cost holidays again for the 3rd year running... Have great time if you go here or to Calas de Mallorca ( PS, you must go for a game of mini golf in the centre...Fabio Capello works there). Thanks and I hope this is helpful.
- Also Known As:
- Apartments Hsm Calas Park Hotel Calas De Majorca
- Apartments Hsm Calas Park Hotel
- Apartments HSM Calas Park Majorca/Calas De Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- . IN GENERAL: The apartments HSM Calas Park thanks to its privileged sea front location, high standard facilities and service, as well as the customer oriented and friendly staff have won more and more clients who repeat their holidays year after year in this impressive complex. The hotel opens from May to October. LOCATION: The hotel HSM Calas Park is situated in Calas de Mallorca, a small resort in the south east part of the island, 70 km away from Palma de Mallorca and 60 km from the airport. The area is known thanks to the tourism, which began in the 60s and nowadays it offers a wide range of hotels, shops, bars and restaurants. The resort has 3 charming beaches: Domingos Gran and Domingos Petit – these 2 beaches are located 400 m away from the village centre and the hotel (there is an access from a beautiful sea promenade, with a direct access from the hotel) and Cala Antena (1,5 km away), which distinguished itself by verticality of its coast. The complex is situated in the resort centre. In the proximity there is Porto Cristo (15 km away), a lovely village with its famous Caves of Drach. Nearby there are many beautiful caves with spectacular views, as well as small and authentic fishing villages which complement the advantages of this hardly known area, but more and more appreciated and chosen by tourists. ROOMS: The complex consists of six 2 or 3 floor blocks and offers spacious and comfortable apartments, all with a bedroom and a living room (with 2 sofa beds), bathroom, air conditioning, fridge, safety deposit box (extra charge), telephone, WIFI (extra charge), satellite TV and terrace. Some of the apartments with sea view. GASTRONOMY: The hotel offers all inclusive board. The restaurant offers buffet style selection of cold and hot dishes, wide variety of desserts and fruit. The restaurant offers as well some dishes prepared instantly in show cooking. All inclusive offers, besides 3 main meals, snacks between meals and all kind of drinks (beverages, hot drinks, alcohol) and ice cream during the whole day. FACILITIES: The hotel offers spacious terrace with amazing sea view, it has a swimming pool for adults, another one for children, it is surrounded by sunbeds and sunshades. Bar service at the pool. Indoor Bar. Cozy common areas, game room. CHILDREN: The complex HSM Calas Park offers the facilities focused on children: swimming pool, playground or mini club with the entertainers. Funny mascot called Sami joins the children in different games and activities. Also available baby cots and high chairs in the restaurant, at no extra cost. ADDITIONAL SERVICES: 24/7 reception. WIFI in common areas (no extra charge), WIFI in hotel rooms (extra charge), Internet corner (extra charge). Rent a car. We accept the following credit cards: Master Card, Visa. SPORT AND ENTERTAINMENT: Daytime and evening entertainment, shows or live music various times per week. Mini club for children. Billiards (extra charge), French bowls and table tennis in the complex. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Olotels, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Apartments HSM Calas Park reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.