We've just returned after a 3 night stay in the Sotovento Apartments with a group of friends. We got a taxi from the Airport and between four of us, it cost 40 Euros (inc tip). Check in was prompt (and there was 12 of us!) We had to sign a 'contract' and leave an 80 Euro deposit which was returned on check out (providing everything was alright..we did have a few glasses/chairs in other rooms which meant we had to retrieve them before we got our deposit back)
The hotel is very modern and clean as were our bedrooms. There was a twin bedroom and then the sofas turned into two sofa beds in the main room where there was a kitchenette and table. The balcony was large and overlooked the pool.
The hotel served cheap breakfasts and there was music/bar open by the pool each day. We opted for the beach though (the music was a little much for our sensitive hangovers!ha!)
The hotel was a short walk down a steep hill to the beach (death trap for those in high heels!ha!) and a short walk to the main strip.
On check out we were unable to keep hold of our rooms (there were signs up to say there was an option to keep hold of the room until 6pm for 30 Euro) as the hotel was fully booked with it being a weekend, but they did have a luggage room which we were able to store our bags in until we had to leave for our flight.
If i was to return to Magaluf with a group of friends, i would definately stay here again.
I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who doesn't want to be amongst party goers.
- Also Known As:
- Sotavento Apartments Hotel
- Sotavento Apartments Hotel Magalluf
- Apartamentos Sotavento Magalluf
- Apartamentos Sotavento Hotel Magalluf
- Sotavento Apartments Magaluf, Majorca
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sotavento Apartments is in the perfect location to take advantage of everything Magaluf has to offer. Its minimalist style, modern facilities and tasteful Hed-Kandi esque decor help to create a special atmosphere to chill out and relax.These stylish, elegant and up market apartments are situated at the top of the hill, just minutes from the beach, and Magaluf’s famous “Strip” which has numerous bars, restaurants and nightclubs and all just a few minutes’ walk from the apartments. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Olotels, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Sotavento Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.