I really cannot fault the Delfin Azul Hotel . Its your typical 1970's spanish hotel . Comfortable , clean with good facilitys but a bit jaded by age . The staff in this hotel are a credit to the company and in my opinion are largely responsible for the great reviews . Its very well managed from cleaning services , reception to resteraunt , entertainment etc . staff Excellent and very , very helpfull . Check in was easy , i booked accomadation only with thomson . we had 2 rooms on the 5th floor . Clean , comfortable , basic . location good in that a beautifull stretch of beach 5 mins across the road , lidl 5 minutes away etc Lifts where an issue , two broke down and this caused problems . The resteraunt was superb , food very good , i have no complaints about meals , in fact i think the price i paid was excellent value for what i got . Maitre de was exceptional and very professional . wine was very reasonable 7-10 euros a bottle . brekkys where superb . could not fault it . entertainment was brilliant George and Poo stain the bear was one of the funniest things i have ever seen . He was american , from new york and i think they call his act " the family man " fantastic singer and hilarious comedian . Loved him ! I have given the hotel 4/5 but i wouldnt go back .-simply because Alcudia might have a breath takingly beautifull beach but the resort itself is souless . A huge swathe of concrete ... no atmosphere , too touristy , too commercialised . Its the 2nd time i have been to Alcudia and my opinion hasnt changed . The transfer was a nightmare , i have used resort hoppa loads before and never had a problem but we arrived 9.20pm and dint get to the hotel untill 12.20am . they waited for other flights to come in etc and then lots of drop offs .The resort itself is huge and go's on for miles . I believe Alcudia old town was lovely but we were a 30 minute walk away so didnt bother . We stayed here in the delfin azul for 5 days and then moved to puerto pollenca for 4 night ( pre-planned ) which was by far the better resort . My grandchildren loved the delfin azul but it wasnt the hotel at fault its just not my type of resort at all . They said the aqua park was great and walked there in ten minutes . I suppose it all depends on what ya want out of a resort / holiday . I cant knock the hotel but wouldnt bother visiting Alcudia again .
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Stil Delfin Azul
- Delfin Azul Alcudia
- Stil Delfin Azul Puerto Alcudia
- BQ Delfin Azul Hotel Majorca, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- BQ Delfin Azul Hotel is located in the port of Alcudia, only 200 metres from the heavenly Alcudia beach, in an area that offers a wide range of facilities like banks, shops, bars, restaurants, supermarkets, etc.General servicesThere are two large gardens and a large terrace. For your entertainment, we offer a wide outdoor swimming pool for adults and children, playgrounds, mini club (exclusive to Thomson customers), TV room, video games room, pool table, etc. Day and night you will be able to enjoy a wide program of activities and the best and more varied professional shows. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Otel, Travelocity, Olotels, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your BQ Delfin Azul Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.