Booked a last minute week here as there was nothing else available with the flights to coincide with our time off and like others were concerned from other reviews. Having been there and sampled it on relection its not that bad. Its not the usual type of holiday we would go on and if im totally honest wouldnt rush back there only because i didnt feel relaxed and if ive had a holiday and its not the sort of holiday we want. Everyone to their own.
The complex itself is far too busy and far too noisy for my liking however it suits others. Its heavily guaged towards kids. We enjoyed escaping to the great beach on the free shuttle bus which was only a few mins away and ran every 30 mins from front of hotel.
(tip- take your own beach umbrella and towels negating the extra cost of hire and save a few euros)
The animation team were great for the kids and worked very hard during the day and at night. Thanks also to the Thomas Cook kids club which the kids attended a few times and thoroughly enjoyed. My greatest praise however is reserved for the catering teams both front of house and behind the scenes as they never stopped, were always polite and smiled when you said thankyou. The food was okay with plenty of choice for all and we never went hungry.
I wasnt too impressed with the rooms and we were in marte. They were small and dated and were in need of decoration. Be aware that the walls are thin and there are people coming in and out all times of the night some more considerate than others. Rooms were cleaned everyday to a good standard and our cleaner left us a card telling us her name Angela. It was a tight squeeze getting us all in the room and though we didnt anticipate spending much time in there it was a little depressing returning there. Tv only had american finance channel in english and sky news for 10mins which would then go off and you had to pay for.
There are lots of extras which we wernt expecting taking the AI package such as all the slot machines which of course kids badger you all the time to play on. The pedal boats are only free before 1pm. Over at the water park which there is free unlimited entry by club mac none of the AI applies. It is fun and recomended to spend some time here. Please be aware that they will try and charge you to use the sun beds which the reps didnt mention at the meeting.
Back on the complex I noticed that depending on where you obtained the tap beer from the taste and strength differed somewhat. Bar staff were generous with shorts measures though.
Around the pools it could be noisy at times and i was appauled that litter consisting of burger/chips wrappers and plastic cups would just be left for the staff to clear up as holiday makers appeared too lazy to go to the bin. There was the usual round of sunbed saving and no germans in sight. Had to chuckle when it rained one morning and people were still out there doing it and the towels were getting wet.
At the saturno pool on the far side near the burger bar at times there was a horrible sewage type smell which put us off sitting round there.
Another tip if you want a quieter evening meal eat at saturno restaurant. They have tableclothes and it seems more relaxed.
This morning as we were leaving to return home my youngest started to vomit and we can only asume that she has caught the bug that was doing the rounds. She wasnt well all the way home.
Hope ive given an honest but personal view of our experience at club mac.
- Also Known As:
- Club Mac Alcudia Hotel Port d`Alcudia
- Club Mac Alcudia Hotel
- Mac Alcudia Hotel
- Hotel Mac Alcudia
- Club MAC Alcudia Majorca, Spain
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Club Mac is an all inclusive complex located in Puerto Alcudia, Mallorca. The resort specialises in families and at their disposal there are 100.000 square meters with a wide offer for all tastes. Two natural lakes, one of them with kayaks, water bikes and pedalos, spacious gardens, nine swimming pools, including a splash pool for small children and a river pool, Children Village for children between 4 and 12 years old, two entertainment areas: a spectacular stage with professional shows and another area with live music or entertainment every night, two indoor bars, five outdoor bars, three restaurants, burger kiosk , tennis court, sand multi sports court, mini golf, running track, archery, small train around the complex for the younger ones, souvenir shop, etc.The complex has three buildings in which you will be able to find rooms to suit your requirements. Marte, Jupiter o Saturno, all of them with the same quality and good service and sharing all facilities between them. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Priceline and Otel so you can book your Club MAC Alcudia reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.