Me and my fiance stayed at this hotel 15th to 25th August 2012. I can honestly say it was fantastic.
We were half board so had meals every evening in the buffet style restaurant with the option to upgrade to the al a carte menu in the pool bar for free for one night of our holiday. Prior to the holiday we were apprehensive about the evening meals due to a few negative comments on here. The food wasn't fantastic gourmet style but there was plenty of choice and of decent quality. Other reviews mentioned the buffet being repetitive. We did not find this. During our stay there was an Indian themed night, a Spanish theme and a Canarian theme. The al a carte meal, though rushed and condensed into 1 hour, was lovely and thoroughly worth booking.
Upon arrival to the hotel we upgraded to the Junior suite, room 3116. The view was excellent (the pool area) and the room was very clean and modern looking. The bed was very comfortable, unlike previous reviews (it looked like mattresses were being upgraded as rooms were vacated). As part of the upgrade we received dressing gowns, slippers and tea/coffee making facilities. We also took a special offer on the Wellness package which was €5 per night. This included fresh fruit, a stocked mini bar, aloe vera pamper kit and two days free entry into the Wellness Centre.
The Wellness Centre was fantastic! A must do! The water circuit and relaxing sun bathing area were our favourite parts.
The entertainment was limited and quiet but suits the clientele at the hotel. Most guests were at this hotel for the relaxing, child-free atmosphere. We did venture out to the Rock Cafe most nights and fell in love with it. The live band is second to none and the cocktails were perfect (if a little pricey).
Tips: Bring your own beach towel as you have to pay for the use of the hotels (pool towels are free).
Men are allowed shorts during the summer but will be trousers only in the winter.
If you feel the cold wear a light cardie/jacket at night as it can be windy.
- Also Known As:
- Barcelo Corralejo Bay Hotel
- Barcelo Corralejo Bay Hotel Corralejo
- Bluebay Palace Corralejo
- Bluebay Palace Hotel Corralejo
- Barcelo Corralejo Bay Fuerteventura
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hotel Barcelo Corralejo Bay, situated in the north of the island of Fuerteventura, in the Canaries, next to the sea, close to the Grandes Playas and the Dunas from the Corralejo Nantural Park. Its extensive range of facilities and cuisine make it the perfect choice for a family holiday, and also for those looking to enjoy a wide range of cultural and leisure activities, practice different water sports or simply relax and enjoy an unforgettable holiday. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Barcelo, Travelocity, Priceline, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Barcelo Corralejo Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.