We stayed over the Labor Day weekend, which is the peak of the high season in Virginia Beach, especially because of the Rock & Roll Half Marathon - the motive for our trip. We chose this hotel for two reasons - location (convenient to both start and finish lines of the race) and price (about half what the hotels on the Boardwark charged).
Sundial Inn advertises as a Hotel on-line, but as a Motel locally - and that's what it is. Check-in included them making a copy of my ID, which isn't what happens at hotels I usually frequent. The elevator to the third floor was so smelly, that we used the stairs for the rest of our stay. The floor is painted concrete in stairs and aisles, with sand, dirt and cigarette butts laying around. Our two rooms are ample, but smelly. The matresses were so old, that we had to sleep on the very edge, to get some support, and they smelled of old urine. We considered sleeping on the floor, but the carpet had wet spots, that we thought the bedspread would not provide an appropriate barrier for. And we never were able to get the wireless working on our devices.
I do regret not having shelled out the money to stay at a better place.
- Also Known As:
- Sundial Inn Motel And Efficiency Hotel Virginia Beach
- Sundial Inn Motel And Efficiency Hotel
- Sundial Motel Virginia Beach
- Sundial Hotel Virginia Beach
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Cheap Tickets, Orbitz, Venere, Travelocity, Tingo and Otel so you can book your Sundial Inn Motel and Efficiency reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.