Took my kids to Busch Gardens for Spring Break and spent 3 nights. This is an older and smaller Embassy Suites than most others we've stayed at previously including the one 20 mins south of this property in Hampton. However, the location is perfect to local restaurants, the outlet malls and only 10 min drive to Busch Gardens. The front desk staff were friendly and accomodating from the minute we walked through the door and I felt like they bent over backwards to accomodate our every need. The king size bed suite felt a little small, but the room and bathroom were clean. Our kids used the pullout sofa in the room and the staff had already put sheets on it and left extra blankets prior to our arrival.
Unfortunately, a ton of high school cheerleaders were also staying at the hotel at the same we were for a local competition and of course, were extremely loud. However, the staff ensured us things would be quiet after 10:00PM and they kept their word.
The complimentary breakfast was top notch, serving made-to-order omlets to pancakes. Easily saved our family of 4 at least $100 in breakfast over the course of 3 days. The nightly manager's reception wasn't too bad. Plenty of free adult beverages, but the snacks seemed sparse compared to other Embassys we've visited. I'm sure most folks are there for the free drinks though. Our kids (ages 8 and 12) also enjoyed the indoor pool and hot tub. Parking was well lit and I felt our vehicle was safe at all times even parked out behind the hotel due to limited parking in front of the hotel.
There's a Pirate's Cove putt putt golf place within walking distance (approx 500 yards) from the hotel along with a small Kmart in case you need supplies/groceries. Walking to either isn't a problem since the hotel isn't on a main road. There's also a Cracker Barrel fairly close and it is possible to walk there, but its a bit further of a walk and you have to crossover the main (4 lane) road to get there.
All in all, this was a great choice for our family visit to Williamsburg and I would definitely stay there again.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Williamsburg Hotel
- Embassy Suites Williamsburg Hotel Williamsburg
- Williamsburg Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suites Williamsburg Virginia
- Embassy Suite Williamsburg
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Williamsburg's only full service, all-suite hotel. The Embassy Suites Williamsburg hotel offers guests both a complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast and a complimentary cocktail reception daily! Centrally located in Williamsburg, Virginia, the Embassy Suites Williamsburg hotel is within convenient reach of all the excitement and history the area has to offer. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Travelocity, Hilton Hotels, Priceline and Tingo so you can book your Embassy Suites Williamsburg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.