This hotel is a mess! My family was traveling back from North Carolina to Ohio and decided to give this so called "historic" hotel a go, regardless of the other reviews! DO NOT stay here. The hotel ranks of old odor and I see why, the window seals and sealing around the top of the room have mold. The wallpaper is peeling. There are signs everywhere that say "excuse our mess while we are remodeling"; however, the elevator signs says they are installing 2 new elevators by 04/12/12 but that did not happen nor is it going to happen! I read reviews clear back to early 2011 that says they are remodeling, but evidently this place ran out of money! The carpets are a mess. Then, I went to order breakfast through room service (as advertised on the internet and their hotel book) and the phone didn't work. I called from my cell phone and they do not even have room service or a restaurant!!! This hotel is a hell hole to say the least!!! If I were able to report a zero rating, I would!!! There is NOTHING nice about this place.
- Also Known As:
- Ramada Charleston Downtown Hotel Charleston
- Ramada Charleston Downtown Hotel
- Holiday Inn Charleston
- Charleston Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- As of 9/14/11 the Ramada Charleston House is under new ownership and management. Updates and improvements to the property have already begun, and will continue over the next 12 to 18 months. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Wyndham, Travelocity, Tingo, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Ramada Charleston Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.