My family and I have stayed here several times. There are so many pluses...we liked the location. It's within walking distance to the mall and the very neat downtown. Wausau's 3rd Street is like Main street. Cute shops and fabulous restaurants. Go see Janke Book Store, which should maybe be renamed because its so much more than books. Also, pop into Evolutions floral. It, too, is way more than a florist shop! The Downtown Grocery is another cute little store that has really healthy options. If you are there on a Thursday in the summer, you might catch a band or other live performance on the City Square. There are several good eateries--the City Grill is part of the Jefferson Inn--good food and unique, but a bit pricey. The ambiance is terrific and even the plates are cool. Walk to Malarkeys Pub, The Mint Cafe or another choice is the Back When Cafe. Here you will get amazing food (try the sea bass if it's on the menu) really good wine and great service. You will get what you pay for!
The rooms are nicely decorated and clean. I personally liked the Aveda products in the bathroom. The sheets are a little scratchy, but the pillows and mattresses are comfy. Twice we were upgraded to bigger rooms--which was nice, but the standard rooms are spacious enough for four people (two adults and two tweens).
The fitness room and pool are not located near the sleeping area, so you have to walk through the hotel and other businesses to get there, Bring flip-flops and a towel! The pool is quite small, and I don't remember windows...I do remember it being kind-of dark.
We were really happy with the customer service. The staff is available and friendly and will have suggestions for things to do. Wausau is a great place. The Jefferson Inn is a great hotel!
- Also Known As:
- Jefferson Street Hotel Wausau
- Jefferson Street Hotel
- Jefferson Street Wausau
- Jefferson Street Inn Wausau, Wisconsin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Why Settle For Just Any Hotel? The Jefferson Street Inn is downtown Wausau's full service, luxury hotel featuring 100 suites and executive guest rooms. Pamper yourself in our warm, inviting surroundings. Unwind in your personal whirlpool bath, then slip into one of our cozy robes and relax on our pillow-top beds by the fireplace in your suite. Jefferson Street Inn is located in the heart of downtown Wausau, adjacent to the historic Washington Square shopping center. Jefferson Street Inn is a full service luxury hotel that offers sophisticated accommodations and suites, resort amenities, and impeccable customer service. At Jefferson Street Inn, you’ll enjoy a vacation in close proximity to Wisconsin attractions and activities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Booking.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com, EasyToBook, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Jefferson Street Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.