This property is on the western (dry) side of the Big Island of Hawaii, about 18 miles north of Kona. I spent 12 days at this resort and loved it for a number of reasons. My two-bedroom unit was very large. The master bath had a spa tub and separate shower and was attached to the bedroom, but there was another bathroom adjacent to the 2nd bedroom. This allowed two couples to stay here with a lot of privacy. The kitchen was small but well appointed with a full kitchen - microwave, range, full size refrigerator, garbage disposal, etc. All of the kitchen utensils and some appliances such as toaster, coffee maker and rice cooker were provided. We prepared Thanksgiving dinner there with no problem. The balcony is spacious with a great view of the golf course, palm trees and in the distance the ocean. I was told (don't know if this is true) that the Bay Club was originally built as condo units and so the units here are larger than the timeshare units at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club next door or Kingsland just up the road. There is a pool and several hot tubs available to guests.
We only had one minor problem - a frozen ice maker in the fridge - which was promptly fixed by housekeeping. This unit is an easy walk to the beautiful grounds of the Hilton Waikaloa Hotel and short drive (or walk if you like) to shops, markets and restaurants within Waikaloa.
It is also an easy drive (2-3 miles) to several beautiful beaches, including Hapuna Beach which Conde Nast Traveler has rated as the best beach in the United States. All beaches in Hawaii are public beaches. We found this a perfect anchor point for exploring the rest of island. It is isolated when you want away, but convenient to many other points of interest.
- Also Known As:
- The Bay Club At Waikoloa Beach Hotel Waikoloa
- The Bay Club At Waikoloa Beach Hotel
- Bay Club Waikoloa Beach Resort
- Bay Club Waikoloa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort is a spectacular hotel on the Big Island of Hawaii and is designed to be an ideal Hawaiian haven in the heart of Waikoloa. Superbly situated adjacent to championship golf courses, the premier location of the Bay Club resort provides an unsurpassed vacation setting. Hawaii visitors staying at the Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort will enjoy spacious one- and two-bedroom suites which incorporate a casually elegant tropical style and feature a superb variety of upscale amenities and furnishings. The suites offer all of the convenience of home including separate living and dining areas, a fully-equipped kitchen, washer and dryer and private lanai. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, HotelsClick and Otel so you can book your The Bay Club at Waikoloa Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.