Me, my wife and part of our family traveled to Kauai on Easter Sunday for a week's long stay at the Westin Princeville resort. This was our first trip to that island. We found that the Princeville resort has the same comfort and class as the other Westin resorts we have stayed in. We stayed in a 2 bedroom lock-off villa and an additional studio villa to accommodate our entire party. We were travelling with a baby, so we had requested a high chair and a crib to be put into the studio. They were there waiting for us when we arrived, and were provided at no extra charge. All rooms were fully equipped with cookware, table settings, washer/dryer and dishwasher. This is typical of the Westin resorts. The rooms were very clean, modern, and comfortable. The "one-bedroom" side was equipped with a 32" flat screen TV in the living room and the bedroom. The studios were also equipped with an identical TV. One of the things that I always look forward to when staying at a Westin is the "Heavenly Bed" that they are known for. I usually suffer from back pains when sleeping in any bed other than my own, but this is not the case at a Westin. The beds are EXTREMELY comfortable.
Although you can see the ocean from many of the rooms, there is no direct beach access. The resort is perched atop a bluff, making it impossible (or at least quite dangerous) to get to the beach directly. There is public beach access a short walk from the resort, and the family made this trip often to enjoy the surf. There is also a shuttle that runs hourly to the St. Regis Hotel/Resort that is available if you would like to take advantage of a more private beach. The St. Regis is a "sister resort" which is owned along with Westin by Starwood. The beach at the St. Regis is very "kid friendly" and the family enjoyed this one as well.
There is a well-stocked store on site where you can get food to cook, wine, beer, and many other "essentials." There is also a restaurant on site, but we chose to do our own cooking and didn't try it. The villas are equipped with stove tops and convection microwave ovens, so you can prepare just about anything your culinary talents will allow. There are also several gas fired barbecue sites spread over the grounds that are available on a "first come first served" basis.
There are 5 (I think) pools spread over the property, including at least one "kids" pool that I saw that is all shallow water. I saw one outdoor pool table, located right next to the outdoor bar by one of the pools. There is no spa on site, however you can take the shuttle to the St. Regis where you will have access to a full service spa facility.
The staff is extremely cordial and pleasant. Everyone, right down to the gardener, greets you with a big smile and an "Aloha." Our Concierge was very helpful and was able to get us discounted tickets to a "river cruise."
For the golfers, the Westin sits right between the Prince Course and the Makai Course, both of which are very beautiful and challenging courses. If you decide the play the Prince course, be sure to have a good supply of golf balls.
All in all it was a wonderful trip and a wonderful experience at the Westin Princeville. It was very hard to leave, but we'll be back soon.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel Princeville
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Hotel
- Westin Princeville Ocean Hotel
- Westin Princeville
- Princeville Westin
- Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas Kauai, Hawaii
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas are atop the lush, emerald cliffs that line Kauai, this retreat is perfect to savor refreshing Pacific breezes while gazing at the sparkling ocean. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Orbitz, Starwood, Priceline, Booking.com, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Venere, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com and Tingo so you can book your Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.