I really wanted to like the Clift because it is a cool botique hotel but a few things prevented me from truly enjoying the experience. Let me first say that I was only there for 1 night, so I may not have the most well-rounded review.
The room: we were put on the 2nd floor in a smaller room. Didn't want to spend the extra money for 1 night, although the bill turned out to be $250. The bathroom was very cramped and the shower felt old and stale. The bed was great, but that's all you really got in such a small room. I was there on a saturday, so it may have been more busy than usual but if you are put on a lower floor and it happens to be the weekend, expect to hear the thumping bass from the redwood room downstairs. Its loud.
Location is great, no arguing that.
Security was tight, which was odd to me because I felt like I had to show my room key at every turn. I understand that the place wants to be exclusive, but making your guests feel excluded is not the type of place I want to stay at. It felt more like a club...which brings me to my next topic...
I missed out on the redwood room that night bc I was out with friends but it looked more like a packed, loud club than a place to sit and enjoy a drink. I tried to get in the next day around 5-6pm and the security guard said it was closed due to a private party.
We left our luggage their the next day, and when we came back to pick it up we asked what the best way to get to the airport is. I guess they have a private car service which we were told would be $35 bucks. Ended up to be $55, so felt kind of cheated.
Overall, the hotel's vibe is cool, the lobby's theme is fun, but I had mixed feelings when I left.
- Also Known As:
- Clift San Francisco
- Clift Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Clift Hotel
- Clift Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An inspired fusion of old-world hotel elegance with distinctly contemporary energy and glamour, the nearly century-old CLIFT’s modern and daring sense of diversity perfectly captures the city’s spirit. Steps from Union Square shopping and the legendary Nob Hill, CLIFT is perfectly located for sightseeing, shopping and socializing. Designed by Philippe Starck, the soaring lobby contains one of the most eclectic furniture collections in all of California ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Splendia, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tablet Hotels, EasyToBook, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere, Tingo and Jetsetter so you can book your Clift San Francisco Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.