The best thing about this hotel is the location, it is one block from Union Square and very easy to pop back in and out throughout the day. Considering it is in downtown there was virtually no traffic noise (we were in a Crescent Room 509 overlooking Burritt Street). Yes you can hear the dumpster truck at ridiculous o'clock in the morning but don't let that bother you if you can get back to sleep easily. Breakfast was good and mainly continental style; mini bagels, mini croissants, cereal and yoghurt. It was lacking some fruit. We would recommend Sears (on Powell Street between Sutter and Post) just round the corner for a very good cooked breakfast!
The room itself was very nice and modern boutique style, it was all very clean. Wifi worked well which was a bonus when planning your day. Bed was very comfy.
We only went in the bar on the second floor once, there was a small jazz band which created a relaxed atmosphere, drinks were a bit pricey though.
Overall I was happy paying the price we did based on the room and the location. I would stay here again if we could get room 509.
- Also Known As:
- Crescent San Francisco Hotel
- Crescent San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Allison Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mystic Hotel Union Square San Francisco by Charlie Palmer is a smart, sleek retreat situated in the heart of the city's busiest neighborhoods. Conveniently located just one block from the iconic cable car line in the middle of three key destinations – Union Square, Chinatown and the Financial District — Mystic Hotel offers a convenient, comfortable and unique modern boutique hotel experience in a historic location. With a contemporary look and feel, our accommodations are designed to reflect the changing need of today's traveler. Enjoy high-touch service and an ideal Union Square location, perfect for travelers looking to experience all the adventures of San Francisco. Like a private club, enjoy handcrafted cocktails in the Burritt Room, the intimate film noir-inspired bar named for Burritt Alley, where detective Sam Spade's partner Miles Archer was gunned down in The Maltese Falcon. Then, step into the speakeasy vibe of renowned Chef Charlie Palmer’s adjoining Burritt Tavern, where walled-in and curtained booths create dark corners for private conversations and Executive Chef Luke Knox turns out classic food like steaks and chops done right. Knox also takes advantage of Bay area's tremendous green markets as well as the extraordinary offerings from local food artisans in menus built around prized regional specialties from Dungeness crab to West Coast oysters. That's what we like about San Francisco: it's up to the minute and still in the moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Amex, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Mystic Hotel by Charlie Palmer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.