.Was not sure what to exactly expect at this reasonably priced hotel but was pleased with the find upon checking into this property a block east of Union Square and several blocks from the entrance to Chinatown. The website description and pictures of the hotel were surprisingly accurate and the front desk staff members were great, especially Tai. The property was recently renovated with a clean modern lobby, updated bathroom and the room was also quint but they made every effort to retain the hotels old charm, which you cannot really tell until you enter the hotel from the street. They also have a nice restaurant and bar on the second floor, which served an exceptional complimentary breakfast. I would definitely stay at this hotel again the next time I'm in the City, and recommend that you try it.
- Also Known As:
- Crescent San Francisco Hotel
- Crescent San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Allison Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Mystic Hotel Union Square San Francisco by Charlie Palmer is a smart, sleek retreat situated in the heart of the city's busiest neighborhoods. Conveniently located just one block from the iconic cable car line in the middle of three key destinations – Union Square, Chinatown and the Financial District — Mystic Hotel offers a convenient, comfortable and unique modern boutique hotel experience in a historic location. With a contemporary look and feel, our accommodations are designed to reflect the changing need of today's traveler. Enjoy high-touch service and an ideal Union Square location, perfect for travelers looking to experience all the adventures of San Francisco. Like a private club, enjoy handcrafted cocktails in the Burritt Room, the intimate film noir-inspired bar named for Burritt Alley, where detective Sam Spade's partner Miles Archer was gunned down in The Maltese Falcon. Then, step into the speakeasy vibe of renowned Chef Charlie Palmer’s adjoining Burritt Tavern, where walled-in and curtained booths create dark corners for private conversations and Executive Chef Luke Knox turns out classic food like steaks and chops done right. Knox also takes advantage of Bay area's tremendous green markets as well as the extraordinary offerings from local food artisans in menus built around prized regional specialties from Dungeness crab to West Coast oysters. That's what we like about San Francisco: it's up to the minute and still in the moment. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Priceline, Amex, EasyToBook, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Agoda and Tingo so you can book your Mystic Hotel by Charlie Palmer reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.