I would like to preface this trip report by saying The Grand Hyatt San Francisco is one of the best hotels I have stayrd at in regards to recognition for Hyatt Gold Passport Diamond members. Properties such as the GHSF make me happy that I have chosen to be loyal to Hyatt.
Just completed a stay at the Grand Hyatt San Francicisco and I have nothing but compliments for the way the staff handled our special needs during this trip.
This was the first time traveling for my friend since she had a stroke a year ago.She has limited mobility now and requires an ADA room. I wanted to be close to here so we asked for an ADA room with and adjoining room for me.This was handled well by the Grand Hyatt San Francisco(I contacted them directly and they were very helpful)and I was sent an email confirmation listing my requests.
There was some confusion with the reservation(which was caused by a third party calling to confirm our reservation)which had us in three rooms instead of two. This was taken care of with no trouble by the FDR with the third "phantom room "taken off the reservation with no problem.
Our first room was on the 6th floor was exactly the set up requested. However it was very noisy so I asked to be moved. The hotel was full so I was told they would move us the next day to a higher floor=which they did.The second set of rooms did not have a roll in shower but Housekeeping brought up a bath bench which worked out pretty well. Both rooms were very clean and I really enjoyed the new bed in my room. It was much quieter.
There is construction(new MUNI station) in the Union Square area that starts at 6 a.m. so the noise/road detours is going to be a problem for all the hotels in that area
A couple of standout staff members made our stay wonderful. First of was a Bellman named Hal. His kindness and consideration were remarkable. All the bellman and Valet staff were great but Hal went above and beyond and his help was much appriciated.
Dave in the Grand Club makes all of the guests feel like returning friends.All of the staff members in the Grand Club are pretty great. One of the best I have been to in the USA.
I am forwarding this to The General Manager of the Grand Hyatt San Francisco via Facebook with the hope that the staff memebers mentioned (as well as the entire staff)are commended for their great work.And to thank the hotel for helping to make a challenging stay comfortable.
- Also Known As:
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Grand Hyatt San Francisco Hotel
- San Francisco Grand Hyatt
- Hyatt San Francisco
- San Francisco Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the heart of the city, the newly renovated Grand Hyatt is steps away form World Premier Shopping, cable cars, Chinatown, the Convention Center. Guests at Grand Hyatt enjoy exquisite comfort & amenities including a complimentary Fitness Center, daily newspapers, free internet access at OneUP restaurant and lobby area and the ultimate sleep experience in a "Grand Bed". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, getaroom.com, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Grand Hyatt San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.