This is my third visit in the last two years and I stayed for four nights on this visit. The hotel itself is fine in this price range. The staff are wonderfully friendly and helpful (front desk, cleaning, etc.). Free wifi in the rooms is welcome. The decor is pedestrian, but acceptable.
The big issue is location. It's very convenient, half a block from Market Street, the F train, and a BART station. But to get from Market to the hotel, you have to run the gauntlet past a bus stop on 8th street and some very down-and-out characters. It's unnerving after dark, so I took cabs that dropped me at the hotel entrance. They're very economical and solved that problem. (E.g., $7, including 15% tip from the Opera House.) I'm sure the hotel is painfully aware of this issue, but I don't kow what they could do about it.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) Hotel
- Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) Hotel San Francisco
- Holiday Inn San Francisco
- Holiday Inn Civic Center San Francisco
- San Francisco Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel is a AAA 3 Diamond, full service hotel located in the San Francisco Performing Arts and Government District. Our hotel location is just steps from City Hall, Orpheum Theater, San Francisco s Opera and Ballet, Davies Symphony Hall and Asian Art Museum. Guests at the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel San Francisco will enjoy our complimentary Wireless Internet access throughout the hotel, free HBO, outdoor heated pool and sundeck, fitness center, and on site laundry facilities. Drinks and dining are available at the Jubilee Restaurant/Conversations Lounge. Major Credit Cards are required at check in. Indoor parking offered for $29 per day if driving in from either the San Francisco SFO or Oakland OAK airports or if traveling through the Bay Area and exploring the California Pacific Coast by car. Antique trolley cars provide convenient transportation to nearby Union Square, Chinatown, Moscone Convention Center, Fisherman s Wharf and Pier 39 attractions. Or catch the subway to the AT&T Ballpark, home to the San Francisco Giants baseball. With our 100% customer satisfaction, we look forward to welcoming you to the Holiday Inn Civic Center Hotel. We hope to be your home away from home each and every time you visit the San Francisco Bay Area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Civic Center (San Francisco) reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.