What a beautiful building. Very like it's sister hotel the Savoy in London. The lobby is breathtaking. Worth a walk round the corridors even if you don't stay here! The photos of historic views of San Francisco before and after the earthquake in 1906 are fascinating. Fantastic service, breakfast, staff and views. We had a very good dinner in the exotic Tonga restaurant. Great fun with live music and a mock rainfall. This was built by a Hollywood designer in the 50s. Shame they have used the swimming pool to do it though.
Our only criticism is the non opening windows. You have to rely on freezing cold air conditioning for cooling. It is slightly frustrating with a grubby window to be cut off from fresh air. The only opening windows are iln the old building where we could not get a twin for the teenage kids. Even the suites with balconies were booked solid.
The rest of our stay was wonderful though. We explored the city, rode the tram, and hired bikes. Very easy to get about. all the people we met were really nice. The famous wharf suffers from being rather touristy though and a little "plastic" with bland shops and cheap clothing branded with San Francisco all over. It is worth getting off the tourist route, although. All enjoyed the trip to the Academy of Science.
We would love to go back and have a balcony.
Lovely hotel. Very helpful and thoroughly recommend staying here.
- Also Known As:
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel
- The Fairmont San Francisco Hotel San Francisco
- Fairmont San Francisco
- Fairmont Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Fairmont
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- World-renowned, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an awe-inspiring picture of historic San Francisco. The grandeur of the hotel coupled with its reputation for impeccable service promises a truly memorable experience. Known for turning moments into memories for leisure and business travelers alike this luxury San Francisco hotel has been host to some of the most influential meetings and events, breathtaking weddings and personalized special occasions of the century. Each of the San Francisco hotel's spacious guestrooms and suites have been elegantly updated including flat screen TVs, Frette linen ensembles, pillow top beds, and MP3 docking stations.In addition to its 591 guest rooms and suites this luxury San Francisco hotel offers fine dining with three renowned restaurants and lounges, as well as 55,000 square feet of spectacular function space. With a panoramic view of the City and the Bay from high atop Nob Hill, The Fairmont San Francisco hotel presents an unmatched blend of luxurious accommodations, elegant meeting spaces and superb services, which make for an unforgettable stay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jetsetter, Travelocity, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Tablet Hotels, Amex, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Fairmont San Francisco reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.