We stayed at the Westin for four nights on our recent anniversary trip to California. We've never been to SF before and wanted a centrally located hotel, which is what we got. The Westin is right by a cable car pick-up and there are always a line of cabs waiting, so public transportation is easy to grab. Our overall experience there was very good. Check-in was smooth and easy and while we waited in line, an employee came to greet us and ask where we were from, etc. The man who checked us in was very friendly and chatted with us about our trip.
We stayed in a deluxe king room in the Tower and loved the trips up/down the glass elevators. Though we didn't have a great view, our room was a nice size and we could *just* see the bay over the top of the buildings. Our first night there, I took a shower and our tub was not draining, but we called the front desk and they sent someone up within 15 min who was able to fix it in under 10 min, and we never had issues again. The concierge was also very helpful and we got some good restaurant suggestions from them. As SPG members, we also got late check-out for free on our last day there.
Noise-wise, we didn't hear any. There is a note from the hotel in each room regarding the protesters at Hotel Frank and how they will provide earplugs if necessary. Though the protesters were out, we didn't hear them from our room, and it isn't something the Westin can control as they are acting legally.
We do wish the hotel offered free wi-fi in the rooms, as many hotels do this and it's almost just becoming the norm. I think the per-day fee is a little ridiculous and we chose to not bring our laptop because of it, but just use our smart phone instead. Overall, it was a great stay and I would recommend it to those traveling to SF in the future. I would request a Tower room and if you want a little more space, pay a bit more for the deluxe room.
- Also Known As:
- The Westin St. Francis Hotel San Francisco
- The Westin St. Francis Hotel
- Westin St Francis
- Westin San Francisco
- Westin Hotel San Francisco
- San Francisco Westin
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- More than just a hotel, The Westin St. Francis is a destination where you can unwind and be pampered by attentive, world-class service. As the only hotel located on Union Square, we are celebrated for our historic Magneta Grandfather Clock, a popular gathering place for generations of travelers, as well as our commitment to guest renewal and relaxation. Explore this legendary landmark, which has drawn locals and visitors for more than a century with our distinguished service and through the timeless refrain "Meet me under the clock!" Inside our warm and welcoming San Francisco luxury hotel, marble columns, ornate balconies, and intricate woodwork transport guests back to the elegance of yesteryear. Yet these magnificent appointments are balanced by modern, groundbreaking amenities including the revolutionary Heavenly Bed, our Starwood Preferred Guest rewards program, and employees dedicated to making you feel at home. Book one of our downtown San Francisco hotel rooms and discover the allure of the city's most charismatic and vital setting. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Starwood, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Priceline, getaroom.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The Westin St. Francis San Francisco on Union Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.