We stayed at Hostelling International for one night in January 2012. The hostel itself is in a central location and is great for exploring San Diego and the local bar/restaurant scene.
We stayed in a private room with bathroom, the room was clean and comfortable.
We were very disappointed with the staff who we found to be rude and unaccommodating. Requests and interactions were treated as though it were an inconvenience & it was not a welcoming atmosphere at all.
Alcohol cannot be consumed on the premises & whilst we did not want to get raucously drunk, we did feel that this should have been made explicitly obvious when booking.
Breakfast was included and adequate.
- Also Known As:
- Hostelling International San Diego Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Hostelling International San Diego Downtown Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We’re here to help you with the most central and accessible hostel in San Diego. Let our award winning staff ensure you receive the most comfortable and enjoyable hostel stay you’ve ever had. We offer a myriad of free tours and activities, and all of our beds are Tempur-Pedic mattresses. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld and HostelBookers so you can book your Hostelling International San Diego Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.