This was the second time I stayed at the Hampton Inn on Pacific Highway before a cruise. It’s in a safe, convenient location that’s within walking distance of lots of things to see and do in downtown San Diego, including Little Italy, the USS Midway, and Seaport Village, to name a few. The only downside is the noise from the train tracks behind the hotel, which you’ll hear about every 5 minutes (or so it seems) if you have a room facing that direction.
The hotel has an interesting Art Deco décor, which makes it slightly different than other cookie cutter Hampton Inn. The breakfast area is large and I was always able to find a seat. Clerks and shuttle drivers were friendly, helpful, and informative.
The day arrived I used the Hampton Inn’s airport shuttle by calling them on the courtesy phone in the baggage claim area. I also used the hotel’s complimentary shuttle to go to the San Diego Zoo. It leaves at 10 am and picks up guests at 4 pm. A shuttle to the cruise terminal is also available, but with the terminal just 2 blocks away, I just walked over there.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn San Diego - Downtown Hotel
- Hampton Inn San Diego - Downtown Hotel San Diego
- Hampton Inn San Diego Downtown
- Hampton Inn San Diego
- San Diego Hampton Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Right in the heart of the Embarcadero San Diego downtown, the award-winning Hampton Inn San Diego-Downtown hotel represents the best in California hospitality. We're a 177 guest room hotel dedicated to providing the finest level of hotel comfort. Experience fun and adventure as you sail around the cruise terminal. Savor delicious Italian food in Little Italy and the Gaslamp District. Get close to wildlife at SeaWorld and the San Diego Zoo. Catch a big league game at nearby Petco Park and Qualcomm Stadium. The possibilities are endless when you visit our friendly hotel in downtown San Diego, CA. We're conveniently located just off of I-5 - only a mile from San Diego Airport and the San Diego Convention Center. Two blocks from the beauty of the San Diego Bay, we're less than half a mile from the cruise terminal. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn San Diego - Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.