Booked this hotel through Hotwire and was extremely pleased. There are two towers - one being attached to the main lobby and the other tower is a seperate building. We stayed in the main lobby tower that had been recently renovated. Average size room which i thought was quite nice.
We did not use many of the facilities at the hotel but i can tell you that the location is perfect. Your location is right on the water - very nice scenery and about a 5 minute walk to the U.S. Carrier attraction. Just across the street is the streetcar hop and go bus that we used for the time we were there (loved it) and the public transprtation is right behind you. If you happen to be cruising the parking lot for cars is right beside you. Several restaurants in the area but we did not eat at any of them.
I hope to return to San Diego and i would not even look at any other hotels - i would return to this one without hesistation.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn San Diego - On The Bay Hotel
- Holiday Inn San Diego - On The Bay Hotel San Diego
- Holiday Inn Bay San Diego
- Holiday Inn San Diego
- San Diego Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn San Diego Bay
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With a premiere location close to the San Diego cruise ship terminal and the Gaslamp District, the Wyndham San Diego Bayside is unsurpassed among downtown hotels. Located in the heart of San Diego, this waterfront hotel makes it easy for travelers to enjoy attractions such as the world-famous San Diego Zoo, Legoland, Balboa Park and more. A stay at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside immerses guests in a true full-service experience. A free airport and area shuttle make traveling to and from the hotel and nearby attractions easy, while free high speed internet makes business travel a pleasure. Fantastic features such as an outdoor heated pool and a poolside gym provide opportunities for recreation once guests return from a fun-filled day exploring the area. Breakfast, lunch and dinner are easy as well, with several exceptional on-site restaurants such as Elephant and Castle as well as Ruth Chris Steakhouse providing a wide variety of options for any taste. The 600 guest rooms and suites at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside provide a peaceful escape from the vibrant city buzz. Bright decor, comfortable beds, floor-to-ceiling windows and furnished balcony rooms help guests make the most of the stunning location. Suites located near the top of the 14-story tower of the hotel offer breathtaking views along with a private bedroom, living area, pull-out sofa and mini-refrigerator. All rooms include guest-preferred amenities such as free high speed internet access, a free morning newspaper, a coffee maker, hairdryer and a large work desk. With a close proximity to the San Diego Convention Center, the Wyndham San Diego Bayside is the ideal location for San Diego meetings and events. Full-service planning assistance and professional amenities along with 24,000 square feet of meeting space and conference facilities and creative catering help create the perfect meeting on the bay. Grand galas or casual affairs are also a specialty for the professionals at the Wyndham San Diego Bayside, with 12 wedding reception halls and various wedding packages to choose from. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Venere, Orbitz, Travelocity, Wyndham, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and Asiatravel.com Holdings so you can book your Wyndham San Diego Bayside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.