My husband and I stayed at the Hyatt the end of March/12. He was attending a conference. We were given a room in a 2 story building attached to the lobby, it was in very bad shape. There were stains on the carpet and lamp shades, the bedding was worn out and above all it smelled awful. They sent us to another room and it was better, but not much. Finally, on the third try we got a room in the tower, which was a huge improvement.
The restaurants attached to the resort were okay, but had smaller menus, so the choices were limited.
Any food we ate while at the resort was okay, but not outstanding.
We had no car, so I walked to find different eating establishments and they were few and far between.
This resort is close to Sea World and an easy walk. The staff were very helpful, they gave me a great walking map.
All in all our stay at this Hyatt was a bit disappointing and for their prices I would not recommend it to friends.
Every staff member we met was pleasant and went out of their way to be helpful.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Hotel San Diego
- Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Hotel
- Hyatt Regency San Diego
- Hyatt San Diego
- San Diego Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Hyatt Regency Mission Bay Spa and Marina completed a $65 million transformation in February 2008. The hotel offers casual elegance in the heart of Mission Bay Aquatic Park with panoramic views and superior service. Our 430 newly appointed guestrooms feature Hyatt Grand Beds, 32-inch flat screen televisions, iHome alarm clocks and panoramic views of the Pacific Ocean and Mission Bay. Experience the thrills of our multiple swimming pools and waterslides, take a stroll to the world famuos SeaWorld San Diego located less than a mile off property, or relax in the tranquility of our Hyatt Pure Spa, Blue Marble. To indulge your culinary senses, let our staff serve you in our waterfront restaurant Red Marlin or head over to SWIM and enjoy light fare and cocktails by the pool. The Hyatt Regency Mission Bay strives to provide the highest level of guest service and comfort. From the moment you arrive, our staff will welcome you to our hotel and treat you with unparalleled attentiveness to ensure that every stay exceeds your expectations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Priceline, Booking.com, Amex, Orbitz, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Olotels, Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Regency Mission Bay reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.