we have stayed in this hotel at least once a year and have been four years. But this time, we were very very disappointed at the room cleaning service at the hotel during our 4-day memorial weekend vocation.
First, when we checked in, they did NOT ask our permission and put us on their so called "green" program. (the front desk girl just said "by the way, currently we have a green program". She did NOT ask any permission such as "do you want to join this program" ). At that time, we just thought "it's weird"
Next day, when we came back to the hotel at night, we realized that they did not clean our room. So, next morning, we called in to make sure our room would be cleaned on that day. The lady who picked up the call, instead of apologizing what they did, she argued that we gave them permission to put us on the "green" program! We tried to be polite and told her we do NOT want to be on this program because we have a 4-month old baby and we want to make sure the room is clean. She said she would take us off the list.
When we got back to the room in the afternoon, the room was still unclean. So, we called in again to see when we would get room cleaning service. This time was another girl. She checked and told us we were STILL on their "green" program and said that she would take our name off. Before we went out for dinner that evening, we called in the front desk again (3rd time of the day) just wanted to make sure that our room would be cleaned since all the trash can were full.
We got back around 10:00 that night. Guess What!?! The room was STILL not clean and the trash can were full!!! We called in 4th time of the day. They said they would schedule it for next day!
Besides that, the ceiling was leaking right outside our room. They put a sign there showing "Wet Floor" but for 4 days, no one ever came to fix it. It was still leaking when we checked out.
- Also Known As:
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel San Diego
- San Diego Marriott Marquis And Marina
- San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina Hotel
- Marriott San Diego
- San Diego Marriott
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The centerpiece of the inspiring San Diego Bay, the San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina is a premier San Diego, CA hotel. With 1,360 guest rooms, 75,000 sq ft of meeting space, a 446-slip marina & an environment that easily transitions from dynamic meetings to resort-style relaxation, the San Diego hotel is a welcome escape. Adjacent to the San Diego Convention Center and steps from the Gaslamp Quarter, our downtown San Diego, CA hotel’s location provides convenient access to championship golf and popular attractions like the San Diego Zoo, Sea World San Diego and LEGOLAND California. Experience a grand sense of arrival in the new lobby our San Diego hotel & personalized service from our dedicated staff. Unwind in a renovated guest room with sweeping bay views. From a state-of-the-art fitness center, to an enticing new pool area, to top-notch cuisine at our waterfront restaurants, it all comes together for an authentic downtown San Diego experience, only at the San Diego Marquis & Marina. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your San Diego Marriott Marquis & Marina reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.