After 4 stays at The Standard, I feel I must finally give credit where credit is due. The Standard does not disappoint. If you are looking for some real downtime "off the grid"' consider another hotel (in this case, our go to hotel is the Greenwich for it's understated elegance and low key vibe). But if you are looking to be in the center of the action, The Standard is your place. That being said, The Standard is a place that could take itself too seriously and it could be rife with attitude but it just isn't. Every staff member is friendly, helpful and professional; when they walk by you, they never fail to acknowledge you and say hello from the moment you arrive. (On that note, a special mention is in order for Jeffrey at the front desk, Robert (breakfast), Pamela (lunch), Craig (dinner) at the Standard Grille and the housekeeping staff on the 13th floor. If you're thinking of staying in NYC, it's probably for all that NY has to offer, but you could seriously never leave the property and feel like you had a complete vacation even if it's just an overnight stay. The Standard is a feast for the senses, whimsical (the kissing dog salt and pepper shakers, the waitstaff uniforms, the elevators, etc.) in a Disneyesque (for adults) way. The Top of the Standard is easily the most glamorous room in Manhattan with its decor, view and the lovely Ruben Chappelle designed dresses the servers wear. The Plaza is great for hanging out and people watching, especially when it becomes an ice rink in the winter (this is a great place to come in January when the winter doldrums set in and you need a "pick-me-up"; rates are even usually lower at that time, too!) The Living Room is fun to have one last drink before heading up to the room. The rooms have spectacular views are creatively designed and are comfortable and clean. Our favorite is the Liberty Corner King (we've never stayed in a regular room but I've peeked in and they look nice) for its space and views. And if you want to splurge for a special occasion, book the Hudson Studio Suite (our last stay) but be forewarned it's not for the faint of heart-the tub and shower are in the middle of the room but WOW-it's spectacular, oh, the views! I really can't say enough good things about The Standard. Andre Balazs you are a genius. I did note that a reviewer said it could be noisy and I will say it IS noisy because you can really hear the action on the street so if that bothers you (not me), you might want to reconsider. In my opinion, that would be a mistake. You would miss out on all The Standard has to offer.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- The Standard New York Hotel
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Tablet Hotels, Jetsetter, Splendia, Travelocity, Otel, Olotels and Priceline so you can book your The Standard High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.