We have thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. All the staff have been polite & helpful. They responded swiftly to our email enquiries prior to our arrival and followed up all our requests at check in without prompting.
We decided to upgrade to a room with a view and although small it had the promised view of the Empire State building & other iconic Manhattan land marks. As I said the room was small but when all we wanted to do is sleep in it, it was more than adequate. The bed was comfortable & the air con blissful! The bathroom was also on the small side and the only negative thing about our stay was the shower temperature fluctuated a lot! Which made for an interesting shower!
The housekeeping staff were lovely & whenever we saw them, enquired if we needed anything else.
We never had to wait more than a few minutes to get a lift to the lobby, we were on the 31st floor.
We used the Tick Tock diner on numerous occasions for breakfast, dinner & cake and were very impressed. The staff are pleasant & the service is very efficient. It is great diner food with generous portions. We can thoroughly recommend the Fudgy Wudgy Chocolate cake !
The hotel is in a fantastic location, literally five minutes from Macy's, 10 minutes to the Empire State Building, Times Square and many other tourist attractions. We walked a lot but the subway is just outside the hotel.
The concierge booked us two dinner & show packages for Stomp & One Man Two Guvnors, these were great value & great seats. Although opt for Alfredos as a place to eat over Jacks.
We are now off to Washington, which is going to have a lot to live up
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Hotel
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New Yorker
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New York
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The New Yorker Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.