The New Yorker Hotel is conveniently located to Broadway, the Garment District, and Korea Town. The hotel is constructed in the lovely old Art Deco style with high ceilings, marble floors, and wonderful lighting fixtures and wall textures. The rooms have been renovated for carpeting, furniture, bedding, heating/air conditioning and lighting. The bed was PRISTINE and comfortable. The bathrooms are a bit old and small, but perfectly functional. Free wifi, iron, ironing board, hair dryer, and flat screen TV. No refrigerator.
The hallways are musty and really should be updated in keeping with the rest of the quality of the hotel.
The staff was rather indifferent: I waited a long time for the valet to come get my car in front of 8th Ave--there was no one in site. I called the hotel three times to inquire about valet, but I kept getting voicemail. Finally, someone came to get my car. There is no doorman, or greeter. Bare-bones staff. The reception gal was not very cheery or welcoming, but WAS helpful in getting me my room.
There are two wonderful restaurants on the premises: Cooper's Tavern (lunch and dinner) and Tick Tock (breakfast and lunch 24 hours). I recommend both.
All in all, it was a decent hotel at a good value. Nothing remarkable.
- Also Known As:
- New Yorker Hotel
- New Yorker Ramada Plaza
- Ramada New Yorker
- Ramada New York City
- Ramada Plaza New York
- Ramada Plaza New Yorker Hotel
- New York City Ramada
- New Yorker Ramada
- New Yorker Hotel New York
- Ramada Hotel New York
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The New Yorker Hotel is one of the most popular hotels in New York City. Come revel in the newly re-imagined grandeur of our historic hotel. Our newly renovated and upgraded guest rooms and suites deliver contemporary comforts that leave nothing to be desired for today’s business travelers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Wyndham, Orbitz, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Amex, Priceline, getaroom.com, Travelocity, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your The New Yorker Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.