I received a really great deal on Hotwire - travelling from Toronto to La Guardia.
The check in was easy, the front desk was very friendly - and they gave us room on the top floor, with a view of the Empire State building.
The room was great..small, but too be expected for NY.
The location of the hotel was perfect for my 9 yr old son and I. We shared a double bed, which was very comfortable. There was enough room in the drawers and closest for us to unpack our belongings.
The concierge was very accomoating, and helpful...with directions, general information, ticket sales, and shuttle bookings.
one of the associates (very helpful gentleman!) assisted us when I inadvertantly missed our shuttle time, they did what they could and got the shuttle to pick us up! and it was seamless.
I am in customer service, and fo this I think they deserve top marks!
The only draw backs were
1. the air conditioning in our room was quite loud, so when the TV was on, we would have to turn it off, or turn up the TV extra loud. We would have to keep the A/C off at night for this same reason as well, and the room got fairly warm. We kept the A/C running while we were out a few times (not the most environmentally ideal) (window did not have a screen, and only opened a smidge)
2. There was no rubber guard/seal in the shower, so water leaked everywhere. I had to use one of our used towels to block the water from leaking.
Just 2 drawbacks...but definitely not enough to deter us from going back!
The location was superb!
We were within walking distance to the empire state building (less than 10 min), and Grand Central Station (less than 20), 7 minutes to madison square park (Shake Shack), flat iron building. (ataly Italian restaurant and food market)
We walked and took the subway pretty much the entire time...It was less than a 10 min subway ride to Nolita on the 6th.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- King and Grove New York (formerly hotel LOLA) in the heart of New York’s fashion and design district. Located in the heart of one of Manhattan’s fastest growing neighborhoods, making it the ideal destination for business and leisure travelers alike. Just blocks from The Empire State Building, Bryant Park and The Fashion District, the area surrounding Madison Square Park is also host to some of New York’s trendiest new boutiques, restaurants and bars.The 276 recently restored guest rooms offer exceptional comfort with plush bedding, sleek and spacious bathrooms, and luxury amenities. King and Grove New York is a great base to explore iconic neighborhoods, such as The Flatiron District, Gramercy Park, NoMad, Union Square, and The Village. All 276 bedrooms and suites are freshly renovated and feature beautiful sleek and spacious bathrooms. King and Grove New York offers complimentary WiFi and every room has plush down duvets, and 300 thread-count bedding as well as HD flat-screen TV's, and iPod docking stations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Amex, Cheap Tickets, Venere, BookIt.com, Agoda, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your King & Grove New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.