I am an Intercontinental Ambassador, so my experience is likely a little enhanced (private check-in area, free WiFi, and upgrades as standard).
I paid a really reasonable rate (sub-300) and was upgraded to a high level room on the 8th Avenue/44th corner side. One of the best rooms I've ever had in NYC. Floor to ceiling glass windows that you can open (important for me). Working, sitting, and sleeping area. Full size shower (no tub, which makes a lot of sense). Really, really comfortable bed.
Common areas are really well done. Staff very attentive. A little slow on cork screw request, but second call saw someone running.
All in all, a great place.
- Also Known As:
- Intercontinental New York Times Square Hotel New York City
- Intercontinental New York Times Square Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Opening July 2010, InterContinental New York hotel ~ a new landmark in Times Square, stands 36 stories offering panoramic views of Manhattan's skyline, Hudson River and Broadway. At 44th Street and Eighth Avenue, it’s convenient to 39 theatres in the Broadway Theater District. Enjoy the onsite French inspired brasserie, from Celebrity Chef Todd English. The InterContinental New York is the place to meet with more than 10,000 square-feet of flexible New York meeting & event space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, BookIt.com, Priceline, getaroom.com, Amex, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Venere so you can book your InterContinental New York Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.