My partner and I were on business at the Museum of Art and Design on Columbus Circle so we could not have asked for a more convenient location to use as a base in the city. The room, while not one with a view of the park, was spacious and clean ... and cool. Air-conditioning was working perfectly, which was appreciated as it was 97degrees in the shade most of the days I was there. All the staff were courteous and helpful. We arrived a bit early and did not expect our room to be ready, but it was and the check in service was quick and friendly. If you like to walk, this is a perfect location from which you can explore the city ... and if you don't like to walk, the subway isn't too far away and the taxis are cheap (compared to most major cities that I have visited in Canada).
An excellent experience all round and I would highly recommend the Essex House for your next trip to NYC.
- Also Known As:
- Jumeirah Essex House Hotel
- Jumeirah Essex House Hotel New York City
- Jumeirah Essex Hotel
- Jumeirah Essex House
- Hotel Jumeirah Essex
- Jumeirah Essex
- Essex House
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Since opening its doors in 1931, the JW Marriott Essex House New York has served as an iconic Central Park hotel, delivering exceptional experiences for its guests. This New York luxury hotel welcomes you with contemporary guestrooms and suites – many affording views of Central Park – that offer distinctive amenities and the latest in technology. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Amex, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your JW Marriott Essex House New York reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.