I was surprised when I entered the hotel based upon the reviews on TripAdvisor. The lobby is tiny and was somewhat unclean. When I returned later in the evening, there was a drunk couple arguing by the check-in desk.
I was not acknowledged as a Platinum Ambassador member upon check-in, nor was there any extra amenity provided. Dennis at the front desk as very nice.
There is a business center, but no gym in the hotel, which is a major negative. You have to pay $15 to use a NYSC location a block away. Parking is on the other side of the block for $35 with hotel voucher, so if you have a lot of luggage, plan accordingly.
What was most upsetting was that they seemed to use my floor as a staging area for equipment. When I got off the elevator after checking in, there was a large luggage trolley impeding access to my room. With a handful of luggage, it was not easy to maneuver. The following day upon checkout, there was a large mattress and the housekeeping trolley right outside my door, which I again had to move. Not very professional.
The rooms are tiny, as expected and don't really have great views, even on the higher floors. the elevator was rather slow.
I think this hotel needs a major overhaul and I don't felt like I got value for the money paid.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Ave Hotel
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Ave Hotel New York City
- Holiday Inn New York City
- Holiday Inn Express New York
- New York City Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Express Manhattan
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue Hotel. Built in 2005, the hotel features include complimentary American breakfast, free in-room wireless high-speed internet access and free local phone calls.The Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue is a brand new modern, twenty-two story high rise hotel centrally located within close proximity to numerous restaurants, museums, 5th Ave shopping and the following attractions: Times Square, Rockefeller Center, Grand Central Station, Empire State Building, St. Patrick's Cathedral, Bryant Park, Radio City Music Hall, Carnegie Hall, Lincoln Center, Broadway Theatre District and the Jacob Javits Convention Center. We are also a short cab ride away from Madison Square Garden, Macy's, Lord and Taylor, American Girl, the Modern Museum of Art, NYU, FIT, and the Chelsea Piers. Stay with us if you are in town to see the Today Show which is right up the street from us, as is the David Letterman Show and Good Morning America. Visit New York City, and Stay Smart at the Holiday Inn Express Fifth Avenue Hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Agoda, Expedia, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City Fifth Ave reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.