Recent one night stay with some buddies in a very roomy suite. The suite kind of reminded me of my grandmother's parlor (1930s-1940s vibe), but truthfully it was a nice change from the cookie cutter boxy furniture of most new hotels. The chairs and sofa were comfortable to sit/lounge on, but the sofa-bed could use new a new mattress, and theTVs were new-ish but not working in high-def. The cable/media system could definitely use an update, however the hotel has free wi-fi. Rooms were very clean, bathroom was serviceable if dated, and the price was very competitive. The staff was friendly, attentive, and quick to respond during our short stay. The location is excellent for any midtown activities, and quite convenient to other parts of Manhattan.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel Roger Smith
- Roger Smith Hotel New York
- Roger Smith New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Classic 1930's New York skyscraper - Midtown location on east side, 3 blocks to Grand Central Station. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Amex, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Roger Smith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.