This hotel is in a fantastic location in midtown Manhattan. You are about:
- 1 block west of the UN building
- 30 minute walk from the East Village
- 10 minute walk down 42nd street from Times Square
- a few blocks away from Grand Central Station
- about a 20 minute walk from Penn Station
Everything else is easy to get to by cab or subway.
The room itself was nice, clean and comfortable. We asked for an upgrade on the bed and got it. The bathroom was also clean with good water pressure in the shower.
Now for the bad :(
When we arrived, the lobby itself was dirty. There were litterally broken pieces of cookie all over the floor in front of the reception desk, left over by hungry guests. The hotel never cleaned this up.
The corredors in the hotel are very tight and the elevator is one of the smallest i've ever been in.
The wifi in the hotel is fairly expensive, which is unbelievable in this day and age of virtually free wifi in all hotels.
Finally, I was taking a nap around 5pm after a full day, and the maid knocked on the door and rang the bell. I yelled out to hold on. She then opened the door and kept saying something like cleaning. I yelled out to hold on and wait. She come into the room all the while I was yelling for her to stay out and she walked into the room. I wasn't fully clothed, which I think she saw and quickly bolted out. Anyway, the short of this is to lock your door in this hotel. The maid service might otherwise walk in on something you would otherwise not want them to at any time of the day.
The other down side of the hotel is that the walls are fairly thin, and you can hear people in the hallway outside the room very easily.
For the price (quite high), I would pick another hotel in Manhattan in the future. This is probably a great hotel for around $120 to $150 a night booked in advance, but we picked it up for $260 a night which was almost twice what I felt a hotel of this quality should be charging.
Thats it :)
- Also Known As:
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel
- Hilton Manhattan East Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel New York
- Tudor Hotel United Nations
- Crowne Plaza United Nations
- Tudor Hotel New York City
- Tudor Hotel Ny
- Tudor Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Formerly the Tudor Hotel, this Midtown historic boutique hotel was transformed and reopened in 2010 as the Hilton Midtown East. 300 Guest Rooms and Suites located on East 42nd St. Walking distance to Grand Central, Midtown and the United Nations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Amex, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Agoda, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hilton Manhattan East reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.