We stayed for four nights in May on an AXON7 award (145K HHonors points) for our daughter's college graduation week - what a wonderful stay! The room was clean and roomy and every single hotel person we interacted with was terrific, from the security men at the hotel entrance to the Cowboy (really!) at the reception desk, to the staff at the restaurant, to the folks cleaning the rooms.
I knew the hotel only provided 2 free breakfasts each day from reading Tripadvisor reviews so when the Cowboy at the front desk confirmed that policy, I told him we would have 4 people in the room and asked whether we could have 4 free breakfasts on two of the days rather than 2 free breakfasts on four of the days. He said it would not be a problem and set it up for us in the computer for the last two mornings of our stay. But wait it gets better! At the first breakfast, my wife talked with Hannah, the hostess at the restaurant, about some special accomodations we would need the next morning. Not only did Hannah have everything ready and waiting at breakfast the next day, but she also addressed us by name as soon as she saw us! Hannah really went out of her way to make sure we felt special and were well taken care of - thank you Hannah!
Overall, a fantastic stay - we highly recommend this hotel for a family stay in NYC!
- Also Known As:
- Doubletree New York City
- Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square
- Doubletree Times Square
- Suites New York City
- New York Suites
- Doubletree Guest Suites Times Square Nyc
- Doubletree Hotel Times Square
- Doubletree Guest Suites
- Doubletree New York
- Doubletree Hotel New York City
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- DoubleTree Suites by Hilton - Times Square is the only all-suite hotel located on Broadway in the heart of Times Square excitement. Located at 1568 Broadway (47th Street & 7th Avenue), the hotel recently underwent a multi-million dollar renovation and is surrounded by Broadway theaters, New York City’s world-famous restaurants, shopping, museums and sightseeing. A TKTS booth, offering discount theater tickets, is directly across from the hotel. Radio City Music Hall, Rockefeller Center, The Museum of Modern Art, Fifth Avenue shopping, St. Patrick’s Cathedral, Carnegie Hall and Central Park are all within walking distance. The hotel is just 15 blocks from Jacob Javits Convention Center, Penn Station/Madison Square Garden, Port Authority Bus Terminal and convenient to Grand Central Terminal and all (3) area airports.All of the hotel’s 460 two-room suites feature living room with sofa bed plus private bedroom and bathroom, Sweet Dreams by DoubleTree Sleep Experience bedding and modern amenities including two flat-screen televisions, wet bar, refrigerator, microwave, MP3 connectivity and large work desk with ergonomic chair. Onsite hotel amenities include newly renovated lobby with new check-in area, new Concierge/Theater Ticket Desk, brand new Ad Lib lobby lounge, brand new Gingers Restaurant, morning Coffee Kiosk, room service, complimentary 24-hour Fitness Center and complimentary 24-hour business center. The hotel has 10,000 square feet of modern event space. The hotel is 100% non-smoking. Self & valet parking is available. The hotel allows pets, with a $50 pet surcharge per stay (under 60 lbs). 24-hour Security onsite. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hilton Hotels, getaroom.com, Amex, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Priceline, Otel, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Venere and Tingo so you can book your DoubleTree Suites by Hilton Hotel New York City - Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.