I stayed here for one night in June 2012. The hotel was undergoing lobby renovations at the time, so walking in and out wasn't exactly pleasant, but I'm sure it'll be awesome when it's all done.
I had an issue with the sink, and someone came to check it out within 10 minutes despite being busy with other guests at the same time. That said a lot about the way the hotel treats its guests - they take them seriously and seem to treat them with respect. Everyone was also very friendly, which is not always what you expect in a place like New York.
The room itself felt a little stale in decoration and features, with the window air conditioner and the funky angles, but it's still hard to complain about the hardwood floors. And the hotel is not cookie-cutter - the rooms differ enough that it's hard to judge based on just one.
The location is not exactly at the center of the action, but that's really not such a bad thing. You're two blocks from the subway. You're in a more peaceful part of town that doesn't have all the craziness of areas further downtown. Generally speaking, it seems like a well-kept secret, as long as you don't mind being in the west 70's. And if you're going to Lincoln Center... well, it would be hard to find a better value hotel than this one.
On balance, whatever the hotel lacks in charm, it more than makes up for in location, amenities, and especially the cheerful staff.
- Also Known As:
- Belleclaire Hotel New York City
- Hotel Belleclaire New York
- Belleclaire Hotel New York
- Belleclaire Hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by an eclectic array of cultural offerings, Hotel Belleclaire combines classic charm with modern conveniences in a landmark building designed by Emery Roth in 1903. Suitable for business and leisure guests, our Upper West Side hotel is ideally located near iconic New York attractions including Beacon Theatre, The American Museum of Natural History, Central Park and Lincoln Center. Additionally, the avenues surrounding the hotel contain some of the most prominent boutiques, restaurants and bars in the city. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Loews Hotels, Agoda, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Amex, Priceline, getaroom.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel, Venere and Tingo so you can book your Hotel Belleclaire reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.